Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Anyone else besides me holding AT&T and wondering WTF is this turd going to do? I admit I have had it long enough I am not paying as much attention to it as I should. I am down on paper but I guess I am supposed to get some free stock shares in discovery channel? I was holding this for the DIV. but I am starting to not like this stock anymore. I need to pay more attention as my holding is not as small as I wish it was at this point.

Anyone else besides me holding AT&T and wondering WTF is this turd going to do? I admit I have had it long enough I am not paying as much attention to it as I should. I am down on paper but I guess I am supposed to get some free stock shares in discovery channel? I was holding this for the DIV. but I am starting to not like this stock anymore. I need to pay more attention as my holding is not as small as I wish it was at this point.
I echo your AT&T sentiments on Verizon. However, when I run the numbers it is doing what I expect of a defensive, dividend play. T has a few more issues than VZ that aren’t helping.

We must have bought NIO close to the same time, I’m “only” down 57% after today. I bought a chunk of ARKK on that same day, unfortunately.
I'm still holding. I bought a while back and rode the price to the 40's and took half the profit. I still think that it's a good play. I can see the 40's this year and maybe 50. Jmo. Good luck to all.

I’m still holding both too, for better or for worse.

I’ve only sold one stock ever, GE several years ago in an emotional outburst. Otherwise it’s buy and hold as a general rule.

MPC (marathon Petrol) had great earnings last night. By far my best winner:

Buy $30/share
Current $76/share
Dividend, 5.3 extra shares so far
Gains: $4,700

MPC option for 2023:
Buy $436/option
Strike price $60
Current price $2000ish
Gains: $3200

We won't talk about my losers in the tech sector, only the winners haha

I have never jumped onto the Facebook/Meta band wagon. It would not hurt my feelings if this is the start of a trend for them/Zuckerberg

i can't decide.

i won't buy myself because i feel like the increasing lack of social tolerance for facebooks existence and practices is inevitable.

but at the same time, i feel like their dominance is potentially further inevitable. i've thought about buying some today.

i can't decide.

i won't buy myself because i feel like the increasing lack of social tolerance for facebooks existence and practices is inevitable.

but at the same time, i feel like their dominance is potentially further inevitable. i've thought about buying some today.

I happened to be watching CNBC yesterday and heard Kevin O'Leary say he was buying a chunk of META in advance of the earnings report. So, your timing would be better than his.

I happened to be watching CNBC yesterday and heard Kevin O'Leary say he was buying a chunk of META in advance of the earnings report. So, your timing would be better than his.

lol

i love it when the whiz kids get whipped from time to time.

i feel like meta is one of those companies that everyone hates and congress wants to break up. but in 10 years time their stock will be 1000 regardless.

So there's this "game" you play at corporate retreats where everyone has to list their superpower... I used to struggle to come up with anything I was really all that good at, but thankfully Robinhood as revealed that my true superhuman power is to buy stocks just before they crash. It's uncanny, they can be big names or small companies just starting off, the result is always the same.

It's almost like stocks are nuclear weapons from North Korea and I'm the best missile defense system ever, I shoot'em all down, one-by-one, doesn't matter how many come at me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back