Caribou Gear

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Made some money CORN and SOYB ETFs last year in the early summer. Took some profit and then bought back in in the fall. Looking good again.

Energy commodities and SWIFT access is all that matters right now. We will know within a couple of hours what the response is. Markets will react in real time. Strap in.

duh

but i think it would be an accident if putin somehow actually draws nato into full blown conflict. i suspect that's not a position he wants to find himself in... nor china. but, given what's actually happening, you do wonder...
Putin and China see nothing but weakness and are acting accordingly. It's been in the works for sometime. We are worried about what the markets are doing today and if we can make a buck off it.......

Putin and China see nothing but weakness and are acting accordingly. It's been in the works for sometime. We are worried about what the markets are doing today and if we can make a buck off it.......

right.

you paint the future hypothetical taiwan being invaded, which probably isn't happening today. so i paint the hypothetical of putin miscalculating a move and all of the sudden the entirety of nato gets pulled into a ground war on the european continent. which in theory could happen today. though not something anyone wants, including putin i belive. therefore i called it a hypothetical accident.

I would call this an example of weakness.
I would say that isn't new. It's been that way for over a decade and Germany was well aware it was making a deal with the devil. Not sure what changed other than Germany shut down a bunch of nuclear reactors last year. Maybe that was the move that made Putin feel a little more bold?

Crisis accelerates change.

I don't understand why weakness is being used? Actual weakness? So are we going full blown land troops war now is that what people want? Really?
When I hear weakness, I think of a different president glad-handing him and praising him (just the other day in fact).
Was weakness de-escalating the cold war?

Yeah Putin looked scared shitless when standing next to Trump in Helsinki.

It was also remarkable how Trump had Ukraine's back when talking about military aid with their leaders.

Trump also showed his general awareness when he said on tv last night that the Fox News talking head should not have made public an American amphibious landing was planned.

Weakness

You and I know all of the stuff is just anti-Biden political fodder and none of it relevant to Putin's decision. What he sees is American's split 50/50 on pretty much everything, with a wide divide between. We are complaining about inflation and gasoline prices. He knows he can impact what we believe through flooding social media with fake posts and he knows we no longer have the stomach for sending Americans to fight across the world. Not standing together is weakness. Attacking each other is weakness. This is why I'm not sure where he stops. I don't believe Russian citizens have enough give-a-shit to see their young men die to take over Ukraine, but unfortunately we will have to see. And they can't cast a ballot and get rid of him.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back