Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

There's a few people that talk the talk but then never actually mention how their strategies are performing year to year...

Why doesn't it show the missing the worst 5 days, worst 10, worst 30,etc?
Lets have fun with charts. Here is one that says if you bought at the end of the day and sold at the open EVERY day for 30ish years you would have CRUSHED IT!View attachment 212046
@SAJ-99, this is super interesting to me but I’m struggling with how one would maximize profit from it? In theory, selling at the opening bell and buying at the close you would effectively eliminate the delta between the 0 and the red line…which would be a step up, but how could an investor still maximize the cash value of holdings between the opening and closing bells?

Like a reverse sweep account into a high interest bearing account during ‘daylight’

@SAJ-99, this is super interesting to me but I’m struggling with how one would maximize profit from it? In theory, selling at the opening bell and buying at the close you would effectively eliminate the delta between the 0 and the red line…which would be a step up, but how could an investor still maximize the cash value of holdings between the opening and closing bells?

Like a reverse sweep account into a high interest bearing account during ‘daylight’
Accounts only calc interest on a daily basis, so I don't think that you could do that. I think I get you point though, that if you could find something with positive carry from open to close you could increase the performance gap on the chart. First, I think you're being super greedy ;) and any idea I come up with would suffer from hindsight bias. But maybe you could sell the shortest dated option at the beginning the day and buy it back at the close in an attempt to capture the time decay. I mean, it would have worked spectacularly, but I don't know if it will work going forward.

I could have bought 10K worth of Amazon and almost did around 2006. I bought GM instead LOL!
A buddy turned me on to Monster drinks when is was a penny stock... At that time I shared, I don't believe in penny stinking stocks!

Looking back?

Then give the heave ho! for SENS and well, a penny stock is a penny stock - until its not.
I've bought sold a enough RSI top bottoms to have my SENS "on the house" but my "house $" rationale goes out the door when I see a massive chunk of MY "house $" fade into the market netherworld.

Holding with some scoops of 500 shares each .25 it drops.

So yhe tale of penny stocks? Gamble at your own glory/ risk.

I've shared my triumphs and flops.

This afternoon might be interesting. We will see how many traders want to be long over the weekend in this environment.

Well, they have less than 90 minutes to decide.

I've owned Nutrien for several years. There was a time when I wondered if that was smart. Right now, it looks like my patience will be rewarded.

This afternoon might be interesting. We will see how many traders want to be long over the weekend in this environment.
Looks like the furious snap-back rally remains intact...I plan on being long not only for this weekend, but for the next decade or so.
Lots will happen between now and then, and I won't sell a thing, but will just continue to buy the S&P on any good declines. I bet the S&P will be much higher then than it is today, but then again, I'm just an idiot who has been investing and holding the S&P blindly for the last 20 years...and if Armageddon happens between now and then, my portfolio or anyone else's for that matter, won't mean anything anyway;)

Oil at 130 a barrel with significant global conflict / economic tremors, record and consistent inflation and rising interest rates? B7EFFB73-A5C1-4670-B961-17855FE0B445.jpeg

Warren's buying more Occidental.

The last paragraph made me laugh........

"And while hedge funds - which have failed to outperform the market every year since 2010 when their "expert network" insider trading games blew up thanks to Steve Cohen - continue to dump and short energy names at every opportunity, Buffett is buying, and so - as usual - expect a major squeeze in the coming weeks as the latest hedge fund hotel trade blows up yet again."

This one sounds interesting, and worth keeping an eye on.

similar to finding a battery company to invest in for the future of vehicles i've been thinking about tires a lot this past year.

i'm wondering, after what? like, 140 years of existence we haven't been able to move on from rubber air filled tires.

one part of me thinks it has to do with lobbying and petroleum and tire industries refusing to let things change. i mean what could be better? a product that HAS to be replaced every couple of years that constantly pops and leaks along the way? causing crashes and killing people too, yippee

if we really care about a "green" future, air filled rubber tires gotta go, and i wanna find some early stock in the game changing company 😁

even though it will probably just be michelin or goodyear that does it and it will all just be big bore for the stock market

Last edited:
similar to finding a battery company to invest in for the future of vehicles i've been thinking about tires a lot this past year.

i'm wondering, after what? like, 140 years of existence we haven't been able to move on from rubber air filled tires.

one part of me thinks it has to do with lobbying and petroleum and tire industries refusing to let things change. i mean what could be better? a product that HAS to be replaced every couple of years that constantly pops and leaks along the way? causing crashes and killing people too, yippee

if we really care about a "green" future, air filled rubber tires gotta go, and i wanna find some early stock in the game changing company 😁

even though it will probably just be michelin or goodyear that does it and it will all just be big bore for the stock market
Air is cheap. Ever ride on a solid rubber tire? Ugh. Just buy 10 ply.

The Big Tire lobby is powerful. Don't mess with them!😁

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back