Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

..anyone in Pfizer?
Not me, unfortunately. Technically it is Biontech's (BNTX) vaccine. They partnered with Pfizer for manufacturing and distribution. Both stocks up big today. The RNA method Biontech used to make this vaccine (similar to Moderna methods) may be the way we make vaccines going forward. Pretty amazing results. It helps that BNTX got a boat load of cash from Germany to fund the study. Pfizer keeps saying they didn't take Operation Warp Speed money, but they didn't have to. A technicality that annoys me for some reason.

View attachment 161312
I love +7% "tanks", I wish it always tanked like that.

I think a lot of us said, "if Trump loses" but really meant "if Trump loses, and the senate swings which is totally normal and this is actually the first time in history that a Dem as won without having support of the senate, which is crazy to consider and likely means that businesses aren't freaked out because Biden's hands will be tied and therefore there won't be any big regulations passed for a couple years so we can probably breath easy and things should going well, until 2022 at least when we'll get all anxious again because it could swing the other way and if the GOP loses oh BOY! will see a big tank then . . . ."

😁😁

I went from 95% cash to 5% cash the past three weeks.

I had identified a few reasons in late February and again in late April where I thought would cause the market to fall 20% or greater in a few trading days by end of 2020. I went mostly cash in late February. From March to July I did some very short-term buy then sell trades after that stock would bounce up 7% or more in value.. All these trades were in tax-sheltered accounts of individual stocks which exhibited significantly greater volatility than the market segment. All were stocks I was willing to hold long-term. At one point, held a stock 5 weeks before it went up 7% or more. The rest were positions held less than 10 days.

Stopped trading this summer when value of cash was above my Feb 1 total portfolio valuation. Am now 10% above the Feb 1 total which was just below the high point this spring for my portfolio.

Am back in with individual stocks plus 15% in a low-fee bond fund. Will rotate the individual stocks into low-fee stock funds before the 2022 Senate election. I am not a trader and would not be in 2020 had this not been so unusual with the pandemic, American elections, economic contraction including unemployment increase, Covid risk including to the elderly major party leaders and candidates, mortgage and rental payments drifting further out of compliance plus continued friction with China/Iran/N. Korea and Russia. Remarkably, none of the above risks have pushed the market into a second rapid dip.

Is a bit refreshing to once again for the first time in months not waking up and checking the SP Futures or account balances. I look forward to my old strategy of a quarterly glance at the balances and then an end of year rebalance between stocks and bonds.

Best of luck to all of you which are traders.

Last edited:
Anybody have any thoughts on taking some money off the table right now? With the way COVID is spiking up I have some concerns a new wave of shut downs will cause a pull back in the market. Would a new stimulus bill potentially counteract that?

Anybody have any thoughts on taking some money off the table right now? With the way COVID is spiking up I have some concerns a new wave of shut downs will cause a pull back in the market. Would a new stimulus bill potentially counteract that?
Roll the dice.

There are ALWAYS tons of reasons to sell. Also, look at the chart in Sytes post in #936.

FB_IMG_1582939635539.jpg

Do you think the incoming administration might try for a partial shit down of the country to better control this virus. Just asking ....please don't crucify me. Thanks.
I'm hoping that the vaccines give some hope.

Do you think the incoming administration might try for a partial shit down of the country to better control this virus. Just asking ....please don't crucify me. Thanks.
I'm hoping that the vaccines give some hope.
Shutdowns are still being done at the local level and will be until at least Jan 20. I still don't think there is the political appetite on either side for a national shutdown. but To your question "Will there be a national shut down?", it doesn't matter. If the virus continues on this pace, people will make decisions individually that essentially shut down the economy. Some will argue that (personal decision) is as it should be, but the consequence is probably a lot of deaths. Hospitals in a lot of areas are over capacity. There is not a good answer now just like there wasn't a good answer in March. I'm starting to see some banks calling for Q1 2021 GDP to be negative. That is not a good sign for anyone. As evidence of the impact, elective surgeries are a big money maker for hospitals and there is heavy volume at EOY as people hit deductibles. Hospitals in areas with big covid outbreak will need to cut elective surgeries as a first step. Some people will need to endure that joint pain into 2021, and HC is a huge part of our economy.

Still don't think the market cares. It is looking at vaccines and beyond. Seasonal tailwind from here to EOY and into January. Indexes are up so selling is going to bring on a tax bill for many large investors. We typically don't see that happen unless there is some news that drives it.

Back