Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I couldn’t help but look at the polls yesterday, pretty sure we are going into a loss for a brief while. Which is fine for me, what’s left of mine is parked until I see the green lights on the tree come on. Then I will floor it.

Based on past trends, I agree. I'm not soo sure this go... Not wanting to make anything political... That said, definitive comments made by our candidates are a bit alarming and may cause a trend that strays from the norm.

Again, lets keep this clean of political jabs. Hopefully we can discuss a great thread that has been very valuable, enjoyable, educational and one I personally enjoy reading. Discussing politics is possible as adults w/o the pissing match.

It's hard to ignore the difference between our candidates and I believe this may be a year for a boost or loss.
This conversation happens every four years, and the result to the economy is nothing. Presidents have very little effect on the economy- the worlds largest and over $24T annually. Each side, every four years, will try to sell you on the idea of that NOT being the case and this being the biggest decision EVER for the economy. It's not, at least from an economic viewpoint. The prognosticators have figured this out and have moved to trying to guess which industries benefit over others. Don't believe any of it. How have O&G companies done over last 4 years? Coal? How about Solar? How about steel companies and infrastructure? Look back at news flow and try to figure out what the expectation would have been, and then look at where we are now. Predicting anything is hard, which is why people buy a diversified index.

Regardless of what happens next week the market will experience some correction over the next quarter. A lot of business have been limping along with COVID and a reckoning for the stimulus will occur. I think being ready with cash for the next blip will be a good idea.

Less than a week to the election. With out getting too political, what do you think the market will do with a Trump victory or a Biden victory in the week following the election?

My predictions, with nothing to back them up other than my opinion...

Trump wins - A couple of percent bump right away and then back to what we were experiencing the previous 3 years +/-.

Biden wins - A couple of percent drop right away, then sideways for few months.

I think with either of them we'll see a rise right away for tech. I feel like the uncertainty is driving it down. Longer term some sectors with do better than other under each person. I would imagine if biden gets the nod, O&G will tank.

Most of the high net worth people have been pulling there money out of the stock market and into cash or similar over the last several months.

I think with either of them we'll see a rise right away for tech. I feel like the uncertainty is driving it down. Longer term some sectors with do better than other under each person. I would imagine if biden gets the nod, O&G will tank.
If Trump wins I would dump all my big tech. Pretty sure an anal exam is already underway. Biden wins and it's safe to buy more.

If Trump wins I would dump all my big tech. Pretty sure an anal exam is already underway. Biden wins and it's safe to buy more.
I think that's a fallacy. Tech is making everyone money. Tech did damn well under Bush. Either way we might get some trust busting... but tech is only growing.

I read an article recently on Tesla's solar roof product. That will be an epic fail. That whole company is ripe for implosion, and when that happens I sure wouldn't want to own any stock in it.

I read an article recently on Tesla's solar roof product. That will be an epic fail. That whole company is ripe for implosion, and when that happens I sure wouldn't want to own any stock in it.
They're doing shit NASA said was impossible. I'm not betting against them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back