Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I rode the swing up with some oil stocks - Then about two weeks ago, just had a feeling I should cash out and take my money! Pretty happy with that decision now.

Had my biggest run with FTK - Shortly after I sold out, they announced they are now producing hand sanitizer... might still be some upside to go on this one.

Rough waters... winners for the short / put side... time to flip to long / calls?

Was a tough call, end of market yesterday. I cashed out my put on NVDA though didn't know if I needed to hop on the call side.

Ended up leaving my MSFT alone and held off the other hobby funds. I didn't believe it was going to flip green today. Depending on todays momentum, I may place some lower puts mid day as Friday going into a weekend with rough red week, darn oreo flip isn't telling me squat!

Bought some QQQ yesterday mid-day, and kicked myself all day long. Was able to get out of it today for a tiny gain. Now will take a couple of days to hunt and recharge the batteries. Need to reevaluate my entry and exit points. Lately it is looking like any decisions should be made in the last 30 minutes.

Bought some QQQ yesterday mid-day, and kicked myself all day long.
I did the same thing with Mastercraft today after they took a beating from their earnings call thinking "for sure it will bounce, their company is solid." I'm still about even after buying the dip but they're 9/18 calls so I still have some time for recovery... time I won't be using that capital for another trade. Double-derp in two days. I need to go scouting and get out from behind this monitor.

Interesting perspective. But I think the author fails to realize that the people reacting to every little change are not Mr. and Mrs. 401k. I would bet that those people are generally leaving their money where it is and just fretting a bit lol. The people moving their money at every wind of news are doing that specifically to time the market and make a buck. They aren't going to turn into mutual don't investors any time soon. They all want to catch the millionaire maker stock

MarketWatch: The danger in the market right now is…you.

Tell me more....
I'll keep it short and sweet. The Oracle is dropping over half a billion on snow flake stock, need I say more?

I like frog because it's an update service for apps and software without restarting the software. I see huge potential in that use honestly. I mean there is more to it than that, but that's the short and sweet haha

Wish they were available to the common folk... typically top IPO's are prearranged with certain institutions that do not allow the vast majority to purchase.

Wish they were available to the common folk... typically top IPO's are prearranged with certain institutions that do not allow the vast majority to purchase.
Agreed. Still going to try and get some, even if it's basically impossible.

When do they actually got the market, after the investor lock up period? I googled, you could get some day of if someone sells their stock right away

Agreed. Still going to try and get some, even if it's basically impossible.

When do they actually got the market, after the investor lock up period? I googled, you could get some day of if someone sells their stock right away
The underwriter will sell some stock the day of the IPO. Some of the early Pvt eq investors will want to cash out. Employees are typically locked up as are those institutions that get it at the IPO price. You will be able to buy it as soon as trading starts in day 1, but probably at a price higher than IPO price if underwriter does its job.

One of the awesome days to short if one is able to dial in... a month + span put...

Capture when the original are legally able to sell their shares.

I did this with BYND... made one of my best chunks. (Vegi meat)

I like frog because it's an update service for apps and software without restarting the software. I see huge potential in that use honestly. I mean there is more to it than that, but that's the short and sweet haha
I like your explanation better than what is on JFrogs site.
Jfrog is a universal DevOps solution providing end-to-end automation and management of binaries and artifacts through the application delivery process that improves productivity across your development ecosystem.

Silicon Valley speak right there no clue what it means.

I like your explanation better than what is on JFrogs site.
Jfrog is a universal DevOps solution providing end-to-end automation and management of binaries and artifacts through the application delivery process that improves productivity across your development ecosystem.

Silicon Valley speak right there no clue what it means.
haha! I condensed to what most people can easily understand, but only a small part of their business. In all reality they help with development from start to finish, and then help with updates. That's the 30,000 ft view without throwing all the jargon to make them sound fancy haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back