Animals Be Warned!!!

IdahoBugler

Well my boy just completed the hardest test he has ever had to take in his young life. He did well and got a 93%. I'm so very proud of him and can't wait to join him on the mountain. Animals be warned as I'm sure sometime very soon Kawika will be on your trail.

While we are on the subject. Which states have great opportunities for 9 year old boys? He will be 10 by the time big game seasons rolls around.

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMAG0162.jpg
    IMAG0162.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 296
That is awesome congrats to Kawika.

He can hunt big game in WA state. That's what I've been planning for my girls when they reach 9-10. I think they have a youth price also if I'm reading the regs right. ( Youth is considered resident or non-resident under 16 years of ageat the time of license purchase.)

You could chase blacktails on the coast and mulies or whities on the east side.

Mac7 is correct. In WA the kids are not distigushed between resident and non. For $35 you can get your son a deer and elk tag for the general seasons. WA does differ from ID in you will have to choose a weapon to hunt with, your tag isn't good for all like ID is.

Congratulations!!! This will be the first year my Son CAN'T put in for youth hunts, he'll be 18 when the hunts start. NM has some good youth opportunities, and depending on the current legislation who knows what next year might be like :(.

--Bill

It is always great to see a new hunter. It is an exciting time for him and you as well. There is nothing like hunting with your kids. My son is my best hunting buddy.

Bugler,
Put him in for some of the Valles Caldera (6B) hunts, I have a cabin just south of it you can stay at, and when he kills one we can cut it up here in town. Be aware though that the antlerless hunts are not easy, Mature Bull is the way to go.

Congratulations again,
--Bill

Mac7 is correct. In WA the kids are not distigushed between resident and non. For $35 you can get your son a deer and elk tag for the general seasons. WA does differ from ID in you will have to choose a weapon to hunt with, your tag isn't good for all like ID is.

Congratulations, just went thru that last summer with Tate, he was 10. Proud papa I'm sure.

As screwed up as Wa. is, it's not a bad deal for kids. Considering your in Boise, I'd look at S.E. Washington. Lots of straight up and down mtns. for mulie & elk and quite a bit of private farms on top with a ton of whitetails. That part of the state is spike only for elk and a short early season for mule deer. Deer seasons for rifle can be crowded. I can point you in right direction if needed, just let me know. Good luck!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back