Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

And the Hits just keep on coming....WY now.

Like JM said the no votes (other than maybe one) were not in opposition to the bill. They were essentially to kick it to the Wyoming Wildlife Task Force for their hashing and see what comes of it.

I would've liked to seen floor debate simply in order to get a better temperature of current perspectives within the legislature.
I'll be glad to see the task force take it up for the following reasons:
1)The TRW committee members will likely better understand the whole ball of wax by the time it comes up again
2)Some of the other associated issues (resident funding responsibilities, the preference point elephant, etc.) might get some air time.
3)Maybe naiive but I feel I can personally have some meaningful back and forth with some members of the task force

I am simultaneously pessimistic that much will get done there because:
1)WYOGA has shown zero effort to come to any compromise or resolution on this in the past
2)It's a lot of cooks in the kitchen, and even though they "represent" a somewhat broad array of residents, they aren't a very diverse group themselves...for instance the gentleman serving the task force as a county commissioner who just happens to also be a board member of WYOGA

Last edited:
On the positive side, with just one vote, the TRW committee has single handedly saved the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation from imminent demise.
I’m assuming this swipe was intense for me. No where have I ever pinned this solely on Wyoming, nor said that Wyoming will be the demise. It’s the overall trend and approach to pricing.

I was visiting with another member yesterday, and I cannot imagine that the publicity this issue got won't directly influence mid point holders to dump them on lower point/gen units; at an even faster rate than they have been.
All but 9 of my 65 WY preference points will be in play this year. I don't expect to draw anything.

I’m assuming this swipe was intense for me. No where have I ever pinned this solely on Wyoming, nor said that Wyoming will be the demise. It’s the overall trend and approach to pricing.
It was. My brand of humor is generally only found funny by me. It was meant in jest from a text discussion I had with a couple Wyo friends the other day. I know you did not pin your thoughts on Wyoming solely. You come off to me as a genuinely good dude, with well thought out ideas, even if I happen to disagree. No harm meant.

It was. My brand of humor is generally only found funny by me. It was meant in jest from a text discussion I had with a couple Wyo friends the other day. I know you did not pin your thoughts on Wyoming solely. You come off to me as a genuinely good dude, with well thought out ideas, even if I happen to disagree. No harm meant.
No offense taken. There have been plenty of misleading and completely out of context statements made with respect to this topic. I don't feel like addressing all of them, but wanted to make sure you weren't taking my thoughts on this in a way they weren't intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed and makes sense to punt but in end something that caught my attention was"this may not go far enough" from the chairwoman, i think Oil tags and bigger price increases as the WYOGA suggested might actually become a part of the focus of task force. That task force whatever it determines will play a big role and be hard to stand against. Hopefully they will focus on fact and real issues not influenced by WYOGA either way

i did love when the one senator said i dont give a dam about nonresidents opinions, refering to his emails...lol

This is a good mentality. They should care about their constituents...not that I didn’t express my opinion anyway 😁
Thats the way he presented to, i didnt feel it was wrong way he did it. I almost felt like some things were shots at WYOGA

Lest anyone think WYOGA is on your side, they put on the record they want NR elk tags to be $1400 regular, $2000 in the special...
Sounds pretty typical of WYOGA. Pretend to care about NR hunters and gain their help but really only care about themselves and getting their clients!

Last edited:
This is a question for the WY residents. What if they proposed 90/10 or even 85/15 on OIL tags and left the rest as is? It seems to me that most residents are always talking about the sheep/moose tags being way to generous to NR which I do agree with.

So he doesn't care about my emails, but he wants my money. And more of it. It's good this guy found a place in politics, because he wouldn't make it in the real world.

QQ
You obviously didnt watch it then, his point was he is responsible to those that elected him and thats what he will focus on and almost seemed like a shot the WYOGA email to me. Why wouldnt he make it in real world? Most state legislators are extremely sucessful members of there communities, and are not career politicians. I am also fairly sure he or anyone else for that matter is not worried about your concerns if can make it or not...

Absolutely the legislators should be responsive to those who elected them. It would be negligent for them not to be. It would also be negligent for them to not look big picture either. I have no expectations a legislator in another state puts my correspondence at a higher priority than his/her constituents.

This is a question for the WY residents. What if they proposed 90/10 or even 85/15 on OIL tags and left the rest as is? It seems to me that most residents are always talking about the sheep/moose tags being way to generous to NR which I do agree with.
I personally don't care that much if the MSG split is 90/10 or stays the same, because even at 90/10 it would result in precious few (haven't looked at the exact #s) additional random tags. That's the only way me or my kids will draw M and S any time before I'm very old in my case, and probably just not at all outside of random in their case. WY sheep and moose populations aren't looking up, and I don't have a good reason to believe they will be any time real soon.

I'm good with OIL, but again seems like a tiny dent in a big wall. The concept of addressing the resident preference point system was alluded to in the session today, but I just don't see the task force being able to budge that. I don't have the history on it to say much, Buzz or JM probably do.

If we're going to leave the resident PP system as is then I don't want to hear about moving to 90/10 so Wyoming's children of tomorrow have a chance to hunt MS here. If we're going to move to 90/10 to benefit WY residents who have been paying into points and licenses for a long time and who want to finally draw, then fine call it what it is but it doesn't fix the problem long term. I get why my fellow residents want that and I can't blame them, it just has about no direct effect on my interests as a middle aged person with a middle number of points and some future hunters in my house. Therefore my support or not of 90/10 MSG is more theoretical than practical. I don't think that's how most residents look at it though; they hear "more MSG tags for residents" and it that's all they wish to know.

90/10 on deer/elk/antelope LQ's has some appeal. Edited to add, that doesn't mean I'm ready to lobby for it. I do agree with whomever it was on the committee that suggested an increase in resident opportunity should come with additional financial input from residents, seems reasonable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back