And the Hits just keep on coming....WY now.

It was. My brand of humor is generally only found funny by me. It was meant in jest from a text discussion I had with a couple Wyo friends the other day. I know you did not pin your thoughts on Wyoming solely. You come off to me as a genuinely good dude, with well thought out ideas, even if I happen to disagree. No harm meant.
And I'll have you know I would have been worried sick about my acreage!

I know we are all pissed. I'm much more concerned about the reduction in tags than the price. I'm already coming from across country to hunt. what's another $400 on an already pricy trip? I will admitedly pay $2000/elk tag if I draw. there will continue to be a market for these tags.

my concern is if hunters flee WY and head to CO, ID, or AZ, then those states will react accordingly in a few years to reduce the NR pressure and follow-suit. it can also just downward spiral and 2 decades later, a nonresident elk tag becomes nearly as hard to draw as a nonresident mountain goat tag.

I'd say hunt elk as much as you can in the next 15 years. Our sons will not enjoy the same western hunting privileges as we were lucky enough to

It would definitely change things up for LE tags.
i think it would change things for Gen tags too. NR can still modify their WY applications, many will switch over to general instead of LE. additionally next year, you can bet a lot more NR will apply for general than LE

i think it would change things for Gen tags too. NR can still modify their WY applications, many will switch over to general instead of LE. additionally next year, you can bet a lot more NR will apply for general than LE
I don”t think this is going to get anywhere in time to affect the 2022 hunting season. It or something similar will eventually happen though.

That means for all you non-res WY antelope mid tier point holders, no need to use your points this season. I repeat, no need to use your points this season.
😊

Usually if a issue is move to a committee, the committee is given a time frame to come up with a proposal for the legislature. Does anyone know if that happened and if so, when is it due?

Rich
One Senator said resolution by January or he was going to vote in favor of the bill as written. Or something like that...

Well pass or fail I still see the writing on the wall. I won't be spending my hard earned dollars there just to be wasted and diluted down the road.
100% illegal
I agree that dudes buddy may wanna brush up on regs and also tell someone to keep his mouth shut. Lol

Well pass or fail I still see the writing on the wall. I won't be spending my hard earned dollars there just to be wasted and diluted down the road.

I agree that dudes buddy may wanna brush up on regs and also tell someone to keep his mouth shut. Lol
I bet he can vote in Georgia too.

Name me an outfitter, store owner, restaurant, or gas station that went out of business from severely reduced bighorn or sheep permits....I'll not hold my breath for the answer. It's a worn out talking point...best case.
I don't think an outfitter, store owner, restaurant, or gas station has to go out of business for it to have a negative impact.

Back