Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

And the Hits just keep on coming....WY now.

I felt compelled to update. Today I got an email reply from Wendy Schuler, updating me on the bill and its transfer to the taskforce. She thanked me for my comment, but did not take a stance.
Yes she did...she voted to move the bill through the trw committee. That's taking a position and in testimony said she favors more tags going to residents.

Yes she did...she voted to move the bill through the trw committee. That's taking a position and in testimony said she favors more tags going to residents.
I got same email, punted to committee. Like i said whatever that committee decides its going to be hard for legislators to stand against. These guys are trying to keep both hunters and outfitters happy at same time..tough job! Easiest thing is to do is exactly what a appointed committee says to do, that way they are covered. Just means it will be 22 before we really know.

"For years, Wyoming's nonresident tags have been significantly underpriced compared to other states and this bill brings these prices up to market levels."

Seems ive been hearing this a lot lately. So every state keeps jacking their prices up, giving other states an excuse, then the previous state uses that as an excuse to raise their prices, so on and so forth. It could be a self perpetuating issue. Unless there was some multi state agreement about what prices were reasonable, which cant happen for a multitude of reasons, there will always be a couple higher priced states, giving others a reason to raise costs. Could just keep happening until they push it too far and lose all non resident money. Maybe im just rambling. Had some drinks while mucking out my garage.

All these states that have such a problem with too many NR hunters, kinda makes a guy appreciate living in a state where the hunting is so damn terrible nobody from out of state would even consider hunting here.
I don’t think states have a problem with too many NR hunters. They have a problem with a diminishing resource that’s in very high demand.

Well, there was no stance-taking in the letter. It's almost like she's trying not to alienate either side... ;) I appreciate her response though.

All these changes in recent years with tag fees and alloments has had almost no effect on me and my application strategy. While i do see odds getting worse and prices going up i am also drawing less tags so i am still not spending that much. The only thing i have really changed is my application for LE in idaho and thats because of the ridicous amount of money they keep now for a convience fee on big 3 apps (moose) matched to a diminishing hunt quality. Until people like me start not applying, buying points etc. States should and will keep raising costs....supply still WAY less than demand

She was a co-sponsor on the bill and the yes vote at the committee meeting.
I believe you. I just think it's funny that she wouldn't signal her support of the bill in some way, if she feels that way.

"Hello,

Thanks for your email. SF103 did not make it out of committee. The concerns that were raised will now be sent to the Wildlife Task Force and hopefully they can come up with solutions that will be acceptable to both sides. Thanks for your input.

Regards,"

I believe you. I just think it's funny that she wouldn't signal her support of the bill in some way, if she feels that way.

"Hello,

Thanks for your email. SF103 did not make it out of committee. The concerns that were raised will now be sent to the Wildlife Task Force and hopefully they can come up with solutions that will be acceptable to both sides. Thanks for your input.

Regards,"
That's her mass mailing reply. I got it too.

I love hunting WY as a non-res and have appreciated the opportunity to take my kids on some of their first big game adventures.

I sure hope that continues to be the case in the future. Such a cool part of the country.

ive never made it out to the great state of WY yet, Ive been building points amd hope to make a few trips in the upcoming years. Will be interesting to see what happens with point creep if this makes it through. I have an elk hunted booked for 2024 and hope i can get a general tag then with 4 points

ive never made it out to the great state of WY yet, Ive been building points amd hope to make a few trips in the upcoming years. Will be interesting to see what happens with point creep if this makes it through. I have an elk hunted booked for 2024 and hope i can get a general tag then with 4 points

If nothing changed I wouldn't bet on a regular general tag being 100% with 4 points in '24.

90-10 would put another 1000+ general tags in the draw.

The way things are going, I’ll bet Wyoming has outfitter set asides and transferable landowner tags by then. No worries.

Back