Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

And the Hits just keep on coming....WY now.

I thought this was a good presentation. Hard to argue against any of it.

part one, start 54:00

after the glitch part 2

Thanks for posting this WapitiBob

I guess I am guilty of having too much work and not enough time to keep up with everything, but I watched these whole videos so went to read the bill. Do you think the senator thinks that WY is going to sell as many pronghorn tags for $600 as they do now? And close to $700 for deer tags for a Black Hills whitetail? Comparing the prices tags of states that have limited populations with high trophy potential to WY, which is blessed with generally strong populations providing opportunity with some trophy potential to something like NV elk is really a stretch to me. I can tell you that to me anyway, a general WY elk tag might be a good tag, but at $1100 compared to a 34 NM or even a 6A AZ tag for $800 or so, it's third on that list any day. I feel like this "market pricing" was really cherry picking.

Am I way off base? Am I missing something?

I'd also consider the Cheyenne area if in WY. We live in rural PA, but we are still reasonably close to Pittsburgh. I don't see my wife being more than a half hour or so from a town in that size range.
You do realize there is no such place in wyoming maybe right on colorodo border using greater denver area, maybe evanston using salt lake. Pittsburg population density 5400+people sq mile and PA has almost 290per sq mile, wyoming has 5.9 per square mile...theres a reason some people struggle to live here

You do realize there is no such place in wyoming maybe right on colorodo border using greater denver area, maybe evanston using salt lake. Pittsburg population density 5400+people sq mile and PA has almost 290per sq mile, wyoming has 5.9 per square mile...theres a reason some people struggle to live here
Yeah apparently the wording needed to be better. I don’t live in Pittsburgh and my township has a density significantly lower than 290, although still much too crowded for me. I didn’t say I needed a city the size of Pittsburgh. I said I needed one the size of Cheyenne or Rapid City.

I used to think maybe just moose, sheep, goat, bison should go 90-10, this thread has effectively moved the needle for 90-10 across the board...

That's what I suggested to Hicks. I want everyone to be able to go on their dream hunt here, but some people make it so goddamn hard to advocate for them. Guess I'll keep doing it despite the whiney minority.

I’d be disappointed too, but surely you’re kidding on that last one.
No I kind of feel the same way. The title of this thread hits it on head. Montana now Wyoming. Death by 1000 cuts. The division of wildlife does all the wildlife things back here in ohio not legislature. People are invested because of point schemes and now the premise of getting in line is changing and the predictably snow globe is being shook again. Maybe North America model needs to be done at federal level to cut this crap out but then it would just be new different crap.

So this begs the question, if this is typical of WY general units, why would you need to wrestle away a few LE tags from NR? It's like a circular argument. It seems half the WY residents in this thread argue the general tag sucks, and half argue it's fantastic.
I don't know that this is typical of general units, but I don't think you would find any WY residents who would argue, in good faith, that the general tag sucks.

I have no intentions of wrestling any tag away from anyone, but as someone who makes a living here, it would be nice to pull an LE tag sooner than later.

So this begs the question, if this is typical of WY general units, why would you need to wrestle away a few LE tags from NR? It's like a circular argument. It seems half the WY residents in this thread argue the general tag sucks, and half argue it's fantastic.

Who said general areas suck? I love general units. No, you're not guaranteed a book elk. Same as anywhere else.

Who said general areas suck? I love general units. No, you're not guaranteed a book elk. Same as anywhere else.
I don't know that this is typical of general units, but I don't think you would find any WY residents who would argue, in good faith, that the general tag sucks.

I have no intentions of wrestling any tag away from anyone, but as someone who makes a living here, it would be nice to pull an LE tag sooner than later.

Suck might be hyperbole, but the fact there is 24 pages on this thread arguing how important it is to get a shot at one more LE tag indicates it's important to some.

Reactions: JDH
Suck might be hyperbole, but the fact there is 24 pages on this thread arguing how important it is to get a shot at one more LE tag indicates it's important to some.
If the shoe were on the other foot, I think a lot of people would find retaining the crème de la crème of tags for residents a common sense policy. 10% of those tags are still allocated to NR under this bill. I have no qualms with the current system, but I get why those who have been here longer than I have are worn thin by threads like these.

Last edited by a moderator:
No its not circular at all...maybe I want Resident youth to be able to hunt the Red Desert for elk before a NR, maybe I want to hunt it a second, or third time before a NR, maybe I want a family applying on a party application to hunt it more often than a NR hunter, maybe I just like to hunt different scenery and want to do so more often and have better odds of doing so.

Maybe just because I live here, have to suffer through crap winters, take a hit in income potential and promotions, sacrifice all kinds of things, to live here year round I want more tags in more areas more often over some NR that views Wyoming as a once every 1-5 year vacation spot.

Maybe its about equity in what Residents in other states receive in license allocations in the States they call home.

The fact is, I don't find a need to have justify it to a NR...

I think it is important to some. Whether or not this passes, there's many residents who may never hunt a top-flight LE unit. And there's many NR's who will. I don't feel that I've been living here long enough to bitch about it, but I can imagine it being immensely frustrating to never really have a shot at a top flight unit because you can't build any points for it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back