Yeti GOBOX Collection

A Windy Weekend in the Pronghorn Hills

----

Other than the unbelievable wind all of Saturday and Sunday, Kaitie's first pronghorn hunt couldn't have gone any better. She kicked the weekend off by killing her buck at first light Saturday morning, and I had to hunt like crazy the next two days to find one better than hers. Finally on Monday the wind stopped and I was able to get close enough to my buck, which is one of my better ones.

We got to share camp with my brother and sister in law, and they also filled tags. Hopefully he has pictures to share of theirs.

I'm very thankful that we were lucky enough to draw tags this year, and also very thankful that we have these wide tracks of roadless public lands to hunt these guys on. Nothing better than hiking into a secluded valley, and having it to yourself all day with 50 head of pronghorn rutting like crazy.

2015-10-10%2008.42.03_zpsrwaikmfn.jpg

2015-10-10%2017.11.17_zpsikhicoid.jpg

2015-10-12%2009.52.17_zpsjy2rydce.jpg

2015-10-12%2011.04.44_zpsscrvvhuy.jpg

2015-10-12%2011.51.24_zpsfnuqvyfw.jpg

Those are some beautiful goats, good move letting her pull the trigger first, but she certainly didn't set the bar low. Awesome looking goat country, wish we would have had time to explore some fo that when we were out.

Well done you two! Looks like some fun memories were made and it's so nice to see the ladies getting involved.

It was so windy on Sunday morning that it was rocking my camper. It lifted the support and the 1x6 boards were blown away!

Did anyone notice the line of Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the crescent moon in the eastern sky Saturday morning? The planets were aligned. Too bad that didn't mean diddly.

Looks and sounds like a great hunt, congrats to both of you! Great looking country to hunt in as well.

I made trips back to eastern Montana for over a decade hunting lopes, coyotes, birds etc. Your hunt reminded me of the fun we use to have. Congrats on the lopes, it must of been a good break from Mule deer hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back