9th Circuit Ends California Ban on High-Capacity Magazines

Just old school I guess...always figured if I can't hit my intended target with 1-6 shots...probably aint happening with another dozen either. Like I said if I ever have the need glad to have the option I reckon.

People aren't just going one on one.

Multiple assailants.
Body armor.
Bad people with intent to kill you.
Stress lowers your on target accuracy.
Just because you hit doesn't mean it incapacitate the person.

Look at the current Missouri case with the two attorneys. If those people actually attacked that couple and broke in....

You want just one shot?

I have 5 AR's. I have a couple i hunt with, one for each of my daughters and one is my bedside gun. I have a bunch of magazines. A couple 10 and 20's for certain situations.

The 30's are for self defense. I want as many rounds on target as quickly as I can to incapacitate the threat and live to see my family.

Another thing I thought of.

The world is changing. I live in a town of about 400 people as of the last census.

This Covid has people coming our to rural, single wide, red as red can be, rural Nevada in droves...

From California.

People with no jobs. Criminal histories. Bad intentions. People are leaving the cities and heading to Rural USA. All over.

I have a wife and two kids. A house, land and livestock to defend.

A $700 AR, a few 30 round magazines, a case of ammo and a little practice is the best insurance I have to defend it all at this point in time.

Know your self defense laws in your state. Know when you can use force and know in your mind where that line is.

I am in law enforcement and I can guarantee I can't get to your house fast enough.

Everything may be fine for years, then all it takes is one.

The case in Texas (church shooting a few years ago) is a perfect example of why we need AR's, loaded with 30 round magazines and at the ready. ALL THE TIME.

Citizens stopped that guy. He was locked and loaded. And the guy that stopped the threat didn't even have his mags loaded. More lives would have been saved if they were loaded

I have relatives in New York. The City was going down the crapper until Rudy was elected mayor. I have my issues with him, but he did turn New York around and make it a better place. Didn't take long for the current leadership to run down the city again.
I liked NYC when Quigley was the Police Commissioner.... ;)

BlueBloodsSeason10.jpg

The need for high capacity magazines is for two reasons:

1. In a high stress situation (like self defense), people tend to miss more. LEO hit rates are actually pretty low. If you are dealing with someone who wants to do you harm, the extra magazine capacity is definitely a good thing. Training probably is better.

2. If you are engaged by more than one person or several such as in a home invasion, the extra magazine capacity will only help.

While you should definitely strive for stopping the threat with as few rounds as possible, to say you only need 1-6 rounds is probably not spending enough time thinking about how you might be wrong.

I'm not saying you should get something with more capacity, I'm just asking that you should think about why a 15-30 round magazine might actually be reasonable.

1. In a high stress situation (like self defense), people tend to miss more. LEO hit rates are actually pretty low. If you are dealing with someone who wants to do you harm, the extra magazine capacity is definitely a good thing. Training probably is better.

2. If you are engaged by more than one person or several such as in a home invasion, the extra magazine capacity will only help.

While you should definitely strive for stopping the threat with as few rounds as possible, to say you only need 1-6 rounds is probably not spending enough time thinking about how you might be wrong.

I'm not saying you should get something with more capacity, I'm just asking that you should think about why a 15-30 round magazine might actually be reasonable.

3.) It's none of your business how many rounds, magazines or high capacity mags I have so long as I am not using them in the commission of a crime.

I am #1 in spades. I can't hit something when I'm calm, let alone if I'm stressed. But I solved that with a scatter gun not more ammo. I actually think with the family in the house I don't want to be spraying AR rounds all willy nilly trying to wing a bad guy.

I am #1 in spades. I can't hit something when I'm calm, let alone if I'm stressed. But I solved that with a scatter gun not more ammo. I actually think with the family in the house I don't want to be spraying AR rounds all willy nilly trying to wing a bad guy.

Looks up tests on that.

9mm can out penetrate barriers compared to 223. 12 gauge more so. Unless its bird shot. Then it's useless actually stopping a threat. Fragmenting 223 is best medicine imo. Enough to do its job and leave plenty more. Bottom line is there is always a possibility of collateral damage from a gun shot.

Pick ammo accordingly.

Know your target and what's beyond.

Know where your kids sleep.

Talk with them about the possibility of a threat and what to do if a person does enter your home at 2 am.

Plan for the worst and hope it never happens.

3.) It's none of your business how many rounds, magazines or high capacity mags I have so long as I am not using them in the commission of a crime.

Totally agree and there's no reason to defend them past that with lame assed things like home invasion defense, invading Russian/Chinese army, body armor, to over-throw your own government, fox holes, etc. etc.

Have as many as you want because you can, spare me the reasons.

and, 4.) - a pistol with the form, fit, and function I am looking for just happens to come standard with a 17 round magazine and there is no reason for this simple fact alone to make me a felon.

and, 4.) - a pistol with the form, fit, and function I am looking for just happens to come standard with a 17 round magazine and there is no reason for this simple fact alone to make me a felon.

Especially when there are so many other factors that lead us to believe you are a scofflaw and degenerate, sir.

Back