Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

9th Circuit Court decision on "concealed carry"

K. Well, she doesn't speak for everyone. And those statistics at the end literally have zero basis in reality. There is no way women use guns 200,000 times a year to protect themselves from sexual violence, there is no way that statistic could even be counted, but if you can find that empirical evidence I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Here are some real stats from the FBI and the DOJ: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-guns-self-defense-charleston-20150619-story.html

Consider your sources. I prefer mine to be real.

Funny how you proudly cite an Opinion article in the LA Times for facts.

This has been hashed before here: http://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...Gun-Control-and-Mass-Murder&highlight=Control

I hate the NRA, but I think I'll renew my membership tonight after a couple decades.

Hillary can suck it.

In the future, I hope my kids go to a school that has no chance of being shot up by their peers.

And I walk around public lands all the time without a firearm. There are worse things that can happen, I guess.

What do CCW and school shootings have to do with one another?
I'm pretty sure paying a fee to Uncle Sam and getting a permission slip to carry a gun is the last thing on the mind of some deranged physco that would kill little kids.

Unless our immoral government finds a way to legislate morality, there will always be a small, but existent chance your child may be shot by one of his peers.
Influenza, bicycle crashes, school bus wrecks, falls down stairs, or some
Kid's Google educated, stay at home mommy blogger parent, refusing to get their kid vaccinated and making your child sick are much more realistic worries, however.
I do not know how many times they are used for good, versus being used for bad. But I do know that me having one, kept somebody from being chopped up by a bunch of meth addicts with an ax. How many unreported instances like that, where no Shots were ever fired go into these statistics?
Regardless, rights are not dependent upon statistics.

Last edited:
I definitely think sensible gun laws are a good idea e.g. background checks, but I think MTGomer is spot on. I have never seen an argument for increased gun laws working to stop shootings, seems like most of the ones we have aren't adequately enforced to begin with. You have never seen straw buying at work until you go into gander mountain in Aurora to buy a shotgun and see 15-20 women on their cell phones with a third party asking what handgun that person wants. I honestly asked the clerk what gives and he just shook his head and said "man I just work here what do you want me to do." If you look at FBI stats most gun crimes are committed with handguns and it's this kind of behavior that makes it possible. In terms of mass shootings every country has them, the worst was in the world Norway with Andres Breivik. The idea that American gun laws are to blame seems flawed to me, I think even if you made guns illegal massing killings would happen by other means. Japan has had a number of mass stabbings, and there are plenty of examples around the world of terrible people doing terrible things, google Kim Dae-Han and the Seoul subway fire. Seems to me restricting the rights of your citizens only to see murder rates stay stagnant or possibly go up is an ineffective and misguided solution.

I definitely think sensible gun laws are a good idea e.g. background checks, but I think MTGomer is spot on. I have never seen an argument for increased gun laws working to stop shootings, seems like most of the ones we have aren't adequately enforced to begin with. You have never seen straw buying at work until you go into gander mountain in Aurora to buy a shotgun and see 15-20 women on their cell phones with a third party asking what handgun that person wants. I honestly asked the clerk what gives and he just shook his head and said "man I just work here what do you want me to do." If you look at FBI stats most gun crimes are committed with handguns and it's this kind of behavior that makes it possible. In terms of mass shootings every country has them, the worst was in the world Norway with Andres Breivik. The idea that American gun laws are to blame seems flawed to me, I think even if you made guns illegal massing killings would happen by other means. Japan has had a number of mass stabbings, and there are plenty of examples around the world of terrible people doing terrible things, google Kim Dae-Han and the Seoul subway fire. Seems to me restricting the rights of your citizens only to see murder rates stay stagnant or possibly go up is an ineffective and misguided solution.

it's complicated, but not really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back