Yeti GOBOX Collection

2023 World Cup

Irrelevant

Not looking good for the US.

The Euro teams have all looked better. We can't seem to do anything right... The coach needs to be fired there's no cohesion. I 100% blame him for playing a much of rooks the last two years to prep for this. Sweden is going to roll us 4-0...

Reactions: Hem
I spell it Megan Rapinoe. She has provided distraction, has lead younger teammates to think about things other than the game, and is simply bad for the team. Attitude is everything, leadership can take folks in the wrong direction as well as the right.

David
NM

All hope is not lost yet. Fútbol is such an amazing team game, with Uncle Mo(mentum) suddenly jumping ship and switching it up.

One thing that is lacking on this years squad is the equivalent to Tyreek Hill (the Chiefs/Dolphins WR) speed up the middle or on the flanks. If I were coach for a day, I’d play long balls on turnovers to the touch, and get someone (anyone??) streaking up the center to beat the high defensive line with sinking defensive midfielders who have been slowing us down.

I spell it Megan Rapinoe. She has provided distraction, has lead younger teammates to think about things other than the game, and is simply bad for the team. Attitude is everything, leadership can take folks in the wrong direction as well as the right.

David
NM
Yeah I disagree whole heartedly. Without her they're probably not 2 time reigning world cup Champs. I won't disagree with her being a distraction from time to time, but she's the only elite scorer they have right now.

Yeah I disagree whole heartedly. Without her they're probably not 2 time reigning world cup Champs. I won't disagree with her being a distraction from time to time, but she's the only elite scorer they have right now.

You're right, they wouldn't have won the previous Cups without her, but he's also right, she's more of a distraction than a contributor now. They have some significant injuries among other veterans too, just not the same team they have been in the past.

I'll also back track. Morgan is an equally great goal striker, but she's looked pretty terrible lately.

I'll also admit I still ticked so many veteran players aren't on the team, injuries or otherwise.

New Zealand have been knocked out of the competition but it’s been a big deal here. Lots of media coverage and full stadiums. Hope the US team can keep going.

Last edited:
"time to time"? Once she led the charge for "equal pay" she began using USWNT as a platform. I agree that she has skills (those of a 14 year old boy, which figures into the equal pay argument), but I prefer someone dedicated to the team than to her multiple agendas.

Other countries are catching up - where we used to be the only place women could play soccer professionally, now there are leagues around the world. The USWNT's success has created its competition - domination is going to recede into the past, there are more competitive teams every year. Good for the game!

David
NM

Well……can’t say they didn’t have chances. Had multiple opportunities during regular time. PKs coulda sealed the game too.

Lee Trevino said that 99% of the puts that are short of the hole don’t go in.
Lee Trevino would say that 99% of the shots that are outside the net don’t go in.
The USWNT had chances in PK. Fooled the goalie 3 times and missed the net. You gotta hit the net. (That’s just my opinion from here on my recliner)

I grew up in Ireland, a place where everyone played football (soccer), well everyone that was male. There was one girl that played, only one that I ever knew off. Woman's soccer is pretty much something that has been driven by the USA, and the rest of the world is kind of following suit. There are woman's leagues now in some of the big soccer countries, but it's kind of like the WNBA, it's being supported financially by the men's professional leagues, and has very little following. For the USA to get eliminated at such an early stage in the Woman's world cup is really surprising.

Definitely their best game of the cup but….so damn inept at finding the net!!!!!
N now….lots more time to complain about this or that…..while others r still playing
Brazil…out, Canada…..out, Germany…..out, USA…..out, the competition definitely has gotten better

All of the ball crossed over by the skinniest of margins.

I loved the USA goalie going hard up the middle to her counterpart, but the Swedish goalie was MVP of the match.

Skyballs and a post-thumping will haunt, as will two ties in group play to advance as second team to face off to the worlds #3 ranked team.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back