World Cup competition begins today

The 2nd got var review , I think the first did, but hard to tell without a stoppage

I heard myself grumbling when the medal was slipped over his (referee’s) neck. It is a very hard thing to preside over a sporting match at any level. It is next to impossible to do so with perfection.

I salute both teams for playing with speed and skill today. Playing for third has to be exhilarating and horrible at the same time. The “what ifs” and disappointment to be playing one day early could be a major psychological downer.

Well done Croatia, we’ll done Morocco, salute to your efforts today.

And now on to Sunday.

I am so torn, politics plays apart, Argentina invaded the Falklands (yes I have along memory and I was 21 at the time) but France (spine less little sh1tes) let boat loads of Albanians invade the UK via the channel whilst we pay them £60 million not to, let me think a bit (sorry drunk way too much Jagermeister tonight!) go Messi!

Tale of two halves. France gets one back and suddenly Argentina gets the cement galoshes.

The waffles were good, but I had to make the batter twice. The canister of AP flour was in the back of the pantry and so I grabbed the powdered sugar and proceeded. America’s Test Kitchen would have not approved! Fortunately I puzzled it out before putting the crepe like batter into the waffle iron and scorching the griddles

Hail to the victors.

PK excitement for a grand finale. Highs and lows, pure adrenaline and so many near misses, the finale was a wonder of National passion, and place of depthless sorrows.

Thanks to FIFA, and I suppose Qatar and the bribed FIFA committee for bringing the fútbol world together for a wonderful monthlong competition.

Four years hence North America will host World Cup 2026. You can bet your sweet bippy that I will be in Arrowhead Stadium for a part of it. 48 teams will join, competing in an not yet determined format, with 60-80 games to determine the next nation to hold the Cup.

Not the outcome I desired, but holy smokes, what a game!

Happy for Messi getting his cup. Seems like a solid dude in a sport where egos can get big and ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back