Caribou Gear Tarp

World Cup competition begins today

Man, what a game! And so happy the winning goal was scored by Montiel. I was really going to feel bad for him if an inadvertent hit to his elbow ended up costing Argentina the win...

Co-workers were off the hook! Cheering for Argentina.

What sports are realistically "World Series/Cup" aside from Soccer?

Maybe Tennis?

Thanks for highlighting and steaming the thread.

Co-workers were off the hook! Cheering for Argentina.

What sports are realistically "World Series/Cup" aside from Soccer?

Maybe Tennis?

Thanks for highlighting and steaming the thread.

I grew up surfing and followed the competitive stuff, although unless you live on a coast somewhere you probably have no clue it exists. The World Surf League tour is a 'world' championship. Kelly Slater won it 11 times, it's pretty impressive to be the best in the world that many times...

I grew up surfing and followed the competitive stuff, although unless you live on a coast somewhere you probably have no clue it exists. The World Surf League tour is a 'world' championship. Kelly Slater won it 11 times, it's pretty impressive to be the best in the world that many times...
Most of the Olympics, summer and winter
You guys are correct, but football/soccer seems truly global to me. We might know the name of a pro surfer or some olympian, but I reckon some kid kicking around a wadded up ball of fabric in the dirt of some village in Congo or Yemen or wherever probably knows the name Messi.

Not sure I can get into non-national competitions. It just doesn't have much weight to it. But a co-worker recommended the local men's league. Said he's oldest son plays and it's actually really good. I know they play right after a lot of our youth games.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back