World Cup competition begins today

kansasdad

Ecuador scores from the penalty spot to open scoring in 2022 World Cup hosted by Qatar.

USA plays Monday afternoon and then Friday afternoon this week. I hope my patients don’t mind me having the game on while I’m taking care of their dental needs tomorrow.

I read that France’s most important striker (Benzema) who was recently named the best footballer in the world (Ballon d’Orr winner) has been announced as unable to play due to a quadriceps injury.

Flame away soccer haters if you must. The rest of the world will be focused on Qatar for the next three weeks as the beautiful game goes on with its once every four years display of nationalism and soccer fervor.

(USA hosts World Cup in 2026. Kansas City is a hosting site. I will be there for whatever games are to be played).

Second goal scored by Ecuador. Fifth Cup competition in which Valencia has scored.

I coached softball, basketball, and volleyball for 16 years up through U-18/high school. That being said, all three of my girls played soccer, other than goalie, I can’t even name one position…appreciate the athleticism but 😵

I played in high school and still appreciate the game. World Cup is still the only soccer I watch though, besides an EPL match here and there.

All that being said, I'm excited to watch our young squad compete. It'd be awesome to see them get past the group stage.

Walker Zimmerman the CB is one year younger than me and from Atlanta. His high school beat mine in the second round of the playoffs. My 11th grade year his 10th. So that's my guy.

Only time I watch is the world cup. I always said that if the US men's squad could make a run it would do wonders for the country. You wanna see the country unite behind something the men's team making a run is it. It would be very special.

Hell, I’ll give it a shot and watch a game. Can’t be as horrible as watching real football when Chris Collinsworth is the announcer.

Only time I watch is the world cup. I always said that if the US men's squad could make a run it would do wonders for the country. You wanna see the country unite behind something the men's team making a run is it. It would be very special.
Getting out of group stage would be an accomplishment this year. Beating England on Black Friday would be even cooler. 2026 is the year though... we're gonna make a big run then.

Back