Big Game tonight

Good luck to F-ML.

The dynamics rural state basketball tournaments are some of the most fun in all of sports. Rural schools vs. reservation schools vs. private schools. I guarantee the crowd outside of the Manhattan Christian fans will be wildly pro-F-ML.

I wish Ken Burns would make a documentary about ND/SD/MT reservation basketball. It's history is absolutely fascinating.
The Lodge Grass Harlem game last night was excellent.

Good luck to F-ML.

The dynamics rural state basketball tournaments are some of the most fun in all of sports. Rural schools vs. reservation schools vs. private schools. I guarantee the crowd outside of the Manhattan Christian fans will be wildly pro-F-ML.

I wish Ken Burns would make a documentary about ND/SD/MT reservation basketball. It's history is absolutely fascinating.
you’re right about the reservation ball, and they could run as well. We competed against Brockton. I was a proud recipient of a star quilt at our district tourney. Although it was awarded out of friendship and maybe pity. I was a truly shitty basketball player.

you’re right about the reservation ball, and they could run as well. We competed against Brockton. I was a proud recipient of a star quilt at our district tourney. Although it was awarded out of friendship and maybe pity. I was a truly shitty basketball player.
You might have been a crappy ball player but i'm sure it was given to you out of respect. Maybe you tried hard?:D

Good luck to F-ML.

My old man would agree. He started his coaching career at Brockton, then Hot Springs.

Was anybody at the state C tourney about a decade or more ago when heart butte and lame deer were competing?

I once went to a university of Texas vs Texas A&M football game - the intensity during those MT class C reservation games was even higher..

This game- had to look it up. I was there, and it was borderline unreal. Froid got 3rd and gave the res teams a good fight.

Reactions: DFS
I've been to several class c state games. Wish I was at butte to see that game.

Was anybody at the state C tourney about a decade or more ago when heart butte and lame deer were competing?

I once went to a university of Texas vs Texas A&M football game - the intensity during those MT class C reservation games was even higher..
I played against that Lame Deer team as a freshman, at the 4-c district tournament we had Lame Deer on the ropes, they had packed the miles city gym. Of course we choked and they won, that was a great basketball team. I believe they moved to class B the next year.

Wasn’t there a book written about that game/season?

My junior year at state Hardin played Browning in the Saturday morning loser out. I’ve never seen/heard a gym with that level of intensity or noise. Those two teams’ fans filled the entire gym. It was unreal. The schools on the reservations always have a great fan base no matter the occasion it seems.

Bummed about the Froid technical fouls. Manhattan Christian dominated - they were clearly a great basketball team. 55-35

Reactions: DFS
This game- had to look it up. I was there, and it was borderline unreal. Froid got 3rd and gave the res teams a good fight.

Chavez was a boss. Sneakily super athletic and good touch. I remember watching him at UM and had classes together, very likable guy.

A lot of great games tonight, you can see the schools in higher population areas that play down classes and recruit the best. Once again life is not fair and eastern Montana gets screwed.

Lewistown vs Butte Central tonight was one for the ages. Butte kid carried his team with 37 points and drained an NBA range three at the buzzer to win it.

Lewistown vs Butte Central tonight was one for the ages. Butte kid carried his team with 37 points and drained an NBA range three at the buzzer to win it.
37 points and the team scored 61. Would have like to see Lewistown win but he went at it.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back