Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2012 season ND & KS

upper deck

I haven't posted much on here lately, been busy like everyone else with work and family. I just finished up my hunting season this week and was lucky enough to be able to hunt ND and KS for deer.

Without going into a ton of details I'll give you the short version. I hunted ND early in the week of Thanksgiving, both my dad and myself were able to take some nice deer. The deer my dad killed I was able to get some pictures of a day or two before.

I was a great hunt and one I always look forward to.

Attachments

• HT ND 3.jpg
    HT ND 3.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 487
  • HT ND 1.jpg
    HT ND 1.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 491
  • HT ND 5.jpg
    HT ND 5.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 499
  • HT ND 4.jpg
    HT ND 4.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 492
Next up was KS and I was lucky enough to draw the either deer tag in the western unit of the state. I headed out Sun morning and had through Thurs to hunt. I spent most of the first 2.5 day looking over area and deer to see what I could expect. It was a fun hunt and I look forward to when I can draw this tag again.

The first couple days I was able to get some pics of a few deer, in fact the one I killed I got pictures of the first day when I let him walk. I ended up finding him 2.5 miles away pushing a doe when I killed him.

The middle deer in the spotting scope pictures was one that I was on every day and I justed wished he wouldnt have broke one side off.

Attachments

• HT 1 KS Mule.jpg
    HT 1 KS Mule.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 484
  • HT 2 KS mule.jpg
    HT 2 KS mule.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 483
  • HT 7.jpg
    HT 7.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 489
  • HT 5.jpg
    HT 5.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 484
  • HT 6.jpg
    HT 6.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 488
  • HT4.jpg
    HT4.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 483
  • HT 3.jpg
    HT 3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
I was able to sneek one pheasant hunt in with a buddy of mine that had never hunted. We hunted 3 days in ND just before Halloween and had a great time. I have a feeling he will be back for more.

Attachments

• HT ND 2.jpg
    HT ND 2.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 476
NICE WORK upper deck. Great hunts and great post dude!!!!! i like your taste in dogs as well.

Nice bucks. I'm curious with the guys that show pictures of ND bucks with a rifle, are most of you residents? I tried for 10 years to draw a buck tag when i was in college there never did as a non resident. I have lots of buddies and friends in ND but can never draw a rifle tag, its a bummer.

Thanks.

You are correct ND is near the top in unfriendly nonresident rifle tag regulations. Nonresidents get 1% of the tags per unit which makes it very tough to draw ( in our unit last I looked into it I figured the draw odds less that 10% if all was equal) My dad is a resident and the only reason I get a tag is being a landowner. Archery is a different story that you can buy nonresident whitetail tags over the counter.

You are correct ND is near the top in unfriendly nonresident rifle tag regulations. Nonresidents get 1% of the tags per unit which makes it very tough to draw ( in our unit last I looked into it I figured the draw odds less that 10% if all was equal) My dad is a resident and the only reason I get a tag is being a landowner. Archery is a different story that you can buy nonresident whitetail tags over the counter.

It must be nice being able to get a tag every year! Even as a resident I typically could only draw one maybe every 3-4 years. And now with how few tags are available, there's basically nothing left after the gratis tags are given out.

Great bucks UD. Grizzley and I will be at the farm this weekend thinning out the pheasents, assuming we can shoot straight.

Nicely done UD! Congrats on a fine season. The busted up buck looks like a heart breaker.

ND's draw system needs help.

Congrats on some dandies! I'd be happy with either of those. I just need to decide where and what year to burn my points (I started getting them when you needed points as a NR).

This year was the first year for shooting berger VLD's and I was happy with the performance. Both came in at the 55-60 grain range starting at 130gr shot through the shoulders.

Attachments

• HT ND 6.jpg
    HT ND 6.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 184
  • HT ND 7.jpg
    HT ND 7.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 182

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247