PEAX Equipment

2011 hunts

mdunc8

I know some folks are still hunting, but what's on everyone's calender for next fall? I also realize some of you put in for about 50 tags, so may not know until this summer. Just the usual for me. Elk, deer, and antelope in Montana and maybe a Wyoming antelope hunt if I can drum up a few extra bucks.

Anyplace that will let me, for any animal I can get a tag, during any time frame my wife will let me be gone. Sounds overly simplified, but that is my approach.

I have enogh points for Oregon deer and Colorado Deer and Wyoming Antelope. Not sure if I'll put in for all though. We'll also put in for NM and Wyoming elk/deer. Lots of options. Will be a Great year again !!!

Randy, did you mention a caribou hunt in AK is on the agenda for Season 3? Sounds like a good start Moosie. I really want to squeeze in a second antelope tag somewhere. I'm hooked after this year. I think I'm gonna have to make that happen even it involves scrubbing toilets this summer.

I'm thinking another "I've got tags for all these critters in my pocket" hunt here in Idaho, and I'm doing research for wy antelope, never done it, gonna try. Oh, and still working out the black dog,lately it's been more good company than work for him, unfortunately.

Attachments

• cell phone 026.jpg
    cell phone 026.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Gotta try for Idaho sheep this time around. Then probably a general elk/deer hunt. Might get around to applying for Montana elk and deer also, never can say for sure.

i have a sitka hunt planned. Im hoping for a coues deer hunt as well. I always have my deer, elk and antelope here. Maybe get lucky and draw a tag or two in the west too.

Sheep and bears for sure then possibly kodiak bear, goat, caribou or moose depending on the draw. Probably work in a deer/ elk hunt down south. It will be a good year!

I have a point to burn in the NR Montana deer/elk combo. With the increase in the price of tags the point may go to waste. Don't know when I'll be able to do it again. Bummer.

Same Montana hunts as normal, with an emphasis on elk. Hopefully get in to a good archery tag again, and then plan on a week in some new country during rifle season, where the deer won't distract me.

I've been planning and scouting a whitetail hunt in Idaho for a couple years now, this year I should be able to finally afford to squeeze it in.

Would also like to buy some Idaho bear tags for June, hopefully after I'm tagged out here.

Hopefully the usual Montana deer & elk, and the hunt I've been waiting my whole life for - Alaskan Dall Sheep with my brother in August.

Puttin' in for Mtn Goat and Sheep as always and huntin Elk and Deer like it's my last go around. Then when i go another year without shooting anything.....I'm gonna eat all my father-in-laws elk steaks in the freezer and dream of the next season.

Hopefully spring bear in Montana and pronghorn in Wyoming again.Also going to get some points in Colorado and Montana for deer and elk.

Elk/Deer here at home and hopefully a Coues deer in AZ! Also thinking about Kansas I've never shot a whitetail before. I have 10 points for antelope here in CO, got my fingers crossed for the tag I want!

I hope my son draws a youth elk tag in New Mexico so we can do that together. I plan to put in for sheep everywhere I can and build points for all other species in about seven other states. Maybe cash in my Wyoming antelope points with a couple of buddies if we can agree on a date.

At this point I have few "Core Hunts" and several add-ons. The Core hunts have been approved. The add-ons will require approval, begging and possibly Jewelry from my home management in addition to some luck in a couple state draws.

Core Hunts
1. Spring Turkey in Oklahoma for Rios and a jaunt to Arkansas for Eastern’s or Nebraska for Merriam's....(I have never hunted either so this year I am going to start adding species toward a Grand Slam)
2. September Elk/Antelope combo hunt in Wyoming
3. Oklahoma Whitetails

Add-Ons
1. August archery Antelope in NM or archery Mulie in Nevada
2. October ML or Rifle Elk in NM
3. October Arkansas Black Bear
3. December Kansas Whitetail/Pheasant hunt

Will definitely give wyoming antelope another try and am thinking of putting in for elk in a few other states to get some points building.

As for Idaho I'm having a big debate on whether to apply for moose or elk/deer/antelope.

After the 2010 season of pain, there will be no 2011. All my equipment is sold and I have moved on to golf.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back