2011 hunts

I was looking more at tee times with dinkshooter...

I dont have anything set in stone for sure...the draws are such a big part of it. I know I will hunt deer, elk, antelope, and bears (if invited), in Wyoming. If no draws conflict, moose in Alaska again for sure and I'm sure I'll draw a MT deer/elk tag again.

Other than that its golf...

Last edited:
Just like Big Fin with the wife factor! I'm having a new addition to the family in June, so hopefully I find time to finally draw my tag in Sept for Black Hills elk and all my usual deer tags with rifle, bow and muzzleloader. I'll cut out some of the duck/goose hunting and pheasants to go for big game

Same Montana hunts as normal, with an emphasis on elk. Hopefully get in to a good archery tag again, and then plan on a week in some new country during rifle season, where the deer won't distract me.

I've been planning and scouting a whitetail hunt in Idaho for a couple years now, this year I should be able to finally afford to squeeze it in.

Would also like to buy some Idaho bear tags for June, hopefully after I'm tagged out here.

Make sure you read the regulations carefully, but you might be able to just buy the Idaho non-resident deer tag and then shoot a bear off that tag if you find one you like.

A new priority for this next year, my 11 yr old shot his first deer on his first day hunting last fall and he is now hooked. SO.. I'll put in for the MT combo, with who I'm not sure since they priced my hunting partner out. Take my son for elk and deer in E. WA along with myself. More tags than time for me.

Idaho archery antelope (if I draw). Idaho elk and deer. Wyoming Deer and Antelope (should draw based on points). Will put in for NM elk, deer and maybe antelope. Starting to think about whitetails...maybe in Idaho or MT.

If I have a job, everything that money will allow. If I don't just Idaho elk, deer, bear, turkey and cougar! Hoping to have half the luck next year as I did this year!

Buzz - I would pay your green fees just to see you swing a golf club. Something about a monkey and a football comes to mind when I think of that. :D

With luck, I'll draw a Wyoming Elk tag for next year.

BRI,

I think you're probably right regarding my golf game...I've hit 2 buckets of balls at the driving range in my life.

That likely is a surprise to you.

I think you should draw a WY elk tag.

I am gonna start off using my hunting license to due some coyote hunting, while I'm home. For sure hope to draw Idaho deer/elk tags, if not I will be buying 2 otc tags for deer/elk. Plan on putting in for deer/antelope in WY, buying a elk point for WY, and deer for CO.

Thought about putting in for Idaho 'lope tag, but unsure if I'll be back in time to make that season. The goal is to hunt Oct/Nov straight through. Pipe dreams I know, but the fun is tryin to reach the unattainable.;)

It's crazy how early we have to start planning for the following years hunts. Earlier and earlier every year for me. So far I have a DIY Alaskan moose hunt booked for September, I'm hoping to draw another Nevada Mulie tag for August, I'm cashing my points in on a Colorado eastern plains hunt for Whitetails in November, Then I have the possibility of drawing any number of dream tags all over the west, which will screw up the plans I all ready have in place. I'll deal with that herdle when it comes. Ed F

Next years line up looks like this:

ND Archery Mulies (there should be some bruisers to chase next year!)
WY Rifle Antelope
KS Archery Whitetails
ND Rifle Mulies

With any luck at all my father and brother should draw NM elk tags and I will go with to help.
Any long shot draws I can pull will be a blessing.

Next year is going to be great!! It's already killing me waiting for September to get here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm already worried about next year. I'm going to have way too much time on my hands and already have a pissed off wife after this year. She PROMISED me that no more heads were going in our place after she found out I'm getting my little muley and antelope mounted (don't laugh, they're the biggest ones I shot) until I bought her a "real" house.

I've got a Kodiak bear tag for spring 2011. I've got it all planned out.

Plan on doing an alpine black bear hunt in early June. I'll probably try to kill a big black bear on the beach in April.

Probably will do a walk in Mtn Goat in in the Mistys in early Aug. End of Aug is for Blacktails.

Sept I'll be moose hunting. Western Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back