Caribou Gear Tarp

2010 Pronghorn pics

Yep, he's incredible all right. I've got several photos from the 'net saved of him.

Well the 2010 hunting season has started.
Aug 21 2010
I was up and gone at 330 to head to NE and be glassing at first light. I have a certain buck in mind for this tag but I havent been able to find him the last three times Ive been up there, and havent gotten a really good look at him to know what exactly he has going on.
DSC_0118.jpg

I deffiantly want to get a better look at him, but after the amount of hours Ive already put into trying to find him I dont know how long I can wait. I found a couple of bucks that would be tough to pass and would gladly put a tag on. This first one isnt that big but had pretty wide horns.
DSC_0614.jpg

[
The heatwaves were horrible from the start so I didnt end up with many pics.
This next buck was very tempting. The pics were taken with the dcm at over a half mile. He sure looked like had good length.
ICAM0111-1.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

It was a good day and looked over about 30 bucks but didnt attempt to stalk anything. Iwas trying to cover as much area to find that buck as I could. May be next time. Later

August 28th
Well headed back to Nebraska on Saturday and had alot of fun. It was a good day saw alot of bucks and got 80 yards from a few of them. Was doing some spot and stalking and with the bethedecoy. Had some very intrigued bucks but need the rut to get going. All and all it was a good day just no blood on an arrow. Heres the pics.
DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0662-1.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

DSC_0677.jpg

DSC_0683.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0685.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

DSC_0702-1.jpg

Very Nice Pictures. I love looking at antelope. its so hard to tell what is a good one vs a great one until you see them. There are so many options and that what makes it so darn fun to watch and to hunt.

Great pics all around. Working on my first pronghorn this year. The stalk is tough. I broke down and bought a blind, but I'm not sure yet that it is the way to go for me. Anyone on this forum complete a successful stalk with the Bethedecoy rig?

jballz waterhole hunting is tough for sure unless you are hunting in a high population unit. I usually go to spot and stalk and im going to try the bethedecoy this year it showed promise this last weekend but only time will tell.
Have you been out shooting backcountry, I got out to do some shooting this last weekend and still need to load some rounds for wyoming, but that can wait I will be heading back to NE hopefully a couple days on this long weekend.
Theres nothing like chasing pronghorn Im sure you will be hooked.

I got sent phone pics of my pronghornfreak from the taxi and should have it next week. I cant wait I have the spot already picked and ready to go for its finally resting place. Here are a couple pics.
0829101405b.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Sept 4, 10
My wife grace and I were out of the house by five and on our way driving the two hours into Nebraska to chase goats again. Another great sunrise.
DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

It didnt take long to find the tall buck I had been seeing the last two weekends. It was also evident the rut has started, he was following does and burying his nose in scent. Unfortunately this buck isnt the domiant buck in the area, and the other buck didnt like him around.
DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0781.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0788.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

The chase didnt stop for over a mile, I tried to use the decoy and get between the does and the buck but the does followed the chase. The does didnt mind the decoy they actually came within in 100yards. I put a stalk on the lone buck but he got up and moved while I was trying to close the distance under a hundred yards and took up a bed in the wide open. I sat a waterhole in the afternoon with no success a big group sat on the hill but it was evident they werent going to come in that afternoon. I believe they are hitting that hole early in the morning and will try it on monday.
DSC_0815.jpg

Right before dark we found another nice buck and a deffiant shooter. Not the biggest but a really cool buck.
DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

All and all another good day more on monday .

Nice photos. From what you've posted so far, I'd definitely be looking for that stovepipe buck at the end.

Yeah the last buck had really high prongs and good mass. They can be so decieving from certain angles and so awesome form others.

Great work on the photos. When I'm rich and retired, I want to buy an awesome camera like yours and hunt with the camera when I don't draw a tag. I reallydmire your work.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Unit 135 in CO. Found quite a few. Actually got a shot at the big boy in a bachelor group yesterday. Was about 2 inches low on a 60yd uphill shot. Need to spend more time with shooting my broadheads. Unfortunately, that was my last day this year. Gearing up for deer and elk in unit 33 at the end of this month.

jballz glad you got a shot, antelope are tough with a bow good luck with your other seasons.
Well went out on Sept 6 and man did it blow.
I planned to sit a waterhole but with the wind that didnt work out. I got busted on a couple stalks at just over a hundred yards. I didnt take any pics worth posting, it was a pretty miserable day with all the dirt in the air and constant wind but hey it beats being at work.

I do have a really neat buck to share though, unfortuately he is not in an area I can hunt but a pretty buck, I know a guy archery hunting this unit and maybe he can get close to him.
DSC_0885.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads