You Lucky Montanans!

A truly beautiful state. I want to move there so bad I can't stand it, especially every time I try to pull out of my driveway and have to wait for an opening in the traffic!
I'll just have to visit every year or two.

Thank God for wives. Without them, I believe half of the men in the country would be here.

Well when all you guys do "Make the move" would you bring your JOBS with you and maybe the $$$ per hour too.
PS you ever call coyotes in -40*?
You will here...
:hump:

Thank God for wives. Without them, I believe half of the men in the country would be here.

Mine was a husband that did not want to move here.

While I was at the FWP Region 3 Supervisor hiring forum, Sheppard mentioned about going to a place in Canada that was on his bucket list. While there he was talking to a Canadian about it. The guy replied that a good place to add to Sheppards bucket list was Big Hole, MT. He laughed that places in Montana are on many a persons bucket list and we are blessed to live here.

For me, Montana is THE Bucket.

No doubt about it... Can't live anywhere but MT! I have worked in Wyoming, Southern Utah, and Northern Arizona and while those areas have amazing scenery I will never leave Montana.

The only time my dad left this state was in the Air Force. He was a radio operator on a B-50 that flew for the Strategic Air Command carrying nukes on polar flights. He flew all over the world, and when he got back from his stint there he never left again. Said this was the best of the best of what he saw, and he never again had reason to leave.

Last edited:
If only you had some way of networking with some locals to do something you were interested in while you were up here...

:D....elk hunt with Fin, fly fish w/ Big Sky, bear hunt with the congregation...might take awhile.

Moved here in July. Love, love, love it! Hunting was #1 on our list, and I have a supporting family. Feeling blessed!

Quitting Montana Moving To Arizona

After 65 years living in Montana and hunting 59 of them. I am retiring from Montana Dept. of Transportation, and moving to our home in Buckeye, AZ. I bowhunted AZ in 2000. Killed a bull. I'll be looking for some hunting partners in AZ. I still plan to return to Montana next fall to hunt. Maybe you can come with me. Bill Sansom

I grew up in Missouri. After my brother graduated High School in 1981, our Dad put in for a job in Montana and was chosen. He told my brother and I that he wasn't going if we didn't come with him and my Mom! We thought that was king of crappy, we both had jobs and promised to come out in a couple of years, but he was adamant about it. He was so right. Especially since he passed away like three years after moving up. I love Montana. I could never live anywhere else. I could make a lot more money somewhere else, but I choose to stay here because of most of the things on this youtube video.

Back