PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Sucks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats guys! It's good to hear that one of us finally drew a decent elk tag in Wyoming! let me know if you need a spotter, I'd donate some vaca for that.

Your on a roll with the luck.... Did you put in for AZ too?....you better not get my AZ tag you lucky turd..:BLEEP: .. Hope you kill a monster in Wyominghump

Yah, I'm pretty Excited. I truely don't know how good or bad this tag is. 2 years ago we drew a "great" tag in NM and is was "ok". the storys came out greatthough !! We'll have to go on the hunt and take a look-see. I'm guessing we're going to come out of Wyoming with some good bulls. But maybe not "Awesome" bulls..... What I can promise everone is in the stories we're gonig to write there is going to be some "Great" bull storys told, ;)

I will guarenty I won't kill a spike in this hunt. Other then that we'll have to see what comes out of this ........

I'd donate some vaca for that.

Much Appreciated. We'll let you know as we get closer. My guess is we'll jsut pair up and hunt the way we usually do. although in NM we had Browtine and that was awesome to have his eyes. He's 2nd to no one in my book on spotting game. (No real offense to the other 2,000 posters I just insulted :) )

Sorry guys I promised a certain someone that I wouldn't spill the beans on the unit he suggested. We can hunt September for archery and then turn around and use a gun if we don't stick one with the bow. It's pretty crazy my first out of state elk tag and we still have a few more states to look forward too.

I think we went into the New Mexico hunt to confident. Everyone talked about all the monsters in that unit and how easy it would be. It definetly was easy seeing deer but the big ones where few and far between. That unit becomes great when Colorado gets the weather but when it doesn't it's a little tougher. With that said if we draw that tag again I won't let the 180 bucks go like I did the first day of our hunt. I'm not going into this elk hunt with the same mind set that I did in New Mexico. I just won't a bull bigger then my wife's. :)

NICE!! I like the refund checks, but a tag once in awhile wouldn't hurt. I checked the draw odds for the pronghorn tag I didn't draw last year; 70% success and I didn't draw! Glad someone here has some luck.

Ain't nothin more aggrivating then drawing a tag for a trophy area! Now you gotta get a world record!!!!

Congrats!!

1_pointer, .7 prob last year, say .7 prob this year, that's .7+.7-.7*.7 assuming independent draws or 1.4-.49=0.91 for last year or this year. You might be one of the special 0.09 this year, eh?

Its a bitch when the wife Whacks a bigger one than the hubby... Jeez mine is still bragging about how her Freaking Turkey was bigger than mine... a Freaking turkey!....

let me guess

i live in wyoming been here forever so mmmmm, 20 years to draw... hunt with bow for sept. mmmm... then back in oct.15..... ah i got it, well how many day season is it for rifle? alot! ya i know what area. p.m. if i am right, i can give you some ideal spots to start.
i shot a 6x6 339 5/8 out of that area. i call the elk in every sept. for fun ( i can't draw the tag either)|oo :BLEEP: |oo
have fun ronnie

Tom, Es-plain that math again please ?!?!?

Spead Goat.. PM me the Unit and some Info... I'll make you a deal, you tell me a Good spot in that Unit and I'll let you mount my Elk and will let you round it up to the nearest hundred for beer money :p

By 20 years to draw, we mean we took just one year to do it. We haven't been putting in for 20 years, it was our first time.

I think they didn't realise just who the Heck I was untill after the draw then gave me an extra ticket. Not because they were scared of me, but they know what kind of elk I take and know I'll leave the bigg'uns in the jean pool ;)

Yep Moosie - it must suck big time to have this tag forced upon you.

I am thinking area 13, 15 or 21 (Encampment area). you are going to hang out with a near and dear old friend. I know I am right, just go ahead and admit it.

We must of given to many clues. I hope the gentleman that helped us out doesn't get pissed that everyone is posting the unit we drew. Sorry about that. :)

I should call Bcat while we're down there.... Although last time I heard from him He was coming through here and was gonig to kill me. I still thought we had a good relationship. I really like the guy still. Maybe we'll flip a coin and see. Actually we're alot furthre North and East. It's right up in the corner Or was it North and West ? Heck, I have no clue. Good guess's though :D

Actually , now that I think about it, I think it was a Bear tag and not an Elk tag ;) I might have to get the bow tuned back up and make a run forthe boarder. Depending on other draws and time. It's only time ...right ?

Awesome! You guys have the luckiest draw odds I have ever seen. Sheesh!!!!!!!!

Moosie, you see the new bulls gone wild dvd (#3)? that will get you guys pumped for the hunt. (if not, say the word and its in the mail)

IDB, where the hell you been? I need to give you a shout. I picked up something pretty good this year already.. Your on the phone list. I will give you a call before the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back