Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming reduces statewide Pronghorn and Mule deer tags by over 11k

Schaaf

Meanwhile, Montana FWP is befuddled with the decision to let such a prime opportunity to cause a generational impact on the herd fall by the way side.

Meanwhile, Montana FWP is befuddled with the decision to let such a prime opportunity to cause a generational impact on the herd fall by the way side.
As much as I like hunting speed goats in Wyoming it's probably a good idea to cut tags. Numbers are nothing like they were.

They should cut all doe tags period. No sense killing moms when your trying to get numbers up.

could be the beginning of the end if the powers that be dont get on the proactive management,

It’s nice to see an agency react and set their quotas based on current conditions and herd numbers. I hunted a central WY unit in 2019 that was crawling with lope. Last fall, may wife drew and we saw10-20% of what we saw 2 years earlier and the drought was really bad. Good on you WY. Maybe a state north of you could take some lessons.

This will continue to squeeze deer and pronghorn odds in conjunction with the rush to clear points before the 90/10 boogeyman comes. That said, I've seen some areas with increases so a few smart hunters may beat the creep and nail down a nice tag.

Some weird math in those tables. My unit is up 3,000 in population, so they are adding 100 additional estimated harvest. What’s weird is they are estimating 400 additional hunters, and it’s a unit with historically 90+% success rate. Not sure how if you add 400 hunters to unit with 90% success you only expect 100 additional harvest 🤷‍♂️.

Edit: Is that called “Montana math”? 😝

Last edited:
This will continue to squeeze deer and pronghorn odds in conjunction with the rush to clear points before the 90/10 boogeyman comes. That said, I've seen some areas with increases so a few smart hunters may beat the creep and nail down a nice tag.

Yup. I am doing a party app with a buddy and getting in on a general unit. Still should be a pont ahead of the curve.

I am in no man’s land on deer points anyway. May as well pick an average area and start becoming familiar with it and hope to hunt it every 3 or 4 years.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back