Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Elk - I need a lucky break

Is there anytime the wind isn't howling in Laramie? I can't even imagine that place in the winter.

Good luck on the second chance Fin!

It doesn't blow indoors.....;)
Well unless you have the screen door open. Hard to put a tag on an elk from the calm confines of a living room and OYOA episode.

I am predicting a first day kill this time a round. Good luck and keep us posted.

Help

Randy,

Glad you had a chance to meet Warden Kerr, I assume it was the son cause I used to work with his dad who was also a Warden in southern Wyo.

I worked for WG&FD and gutted plenty of animals and pulled out many vehicles. Feels good actually getting to help people instead of scolding them for not using their noodle.

Feel your pain, those drifts outside of Casper and all around Wyo for that matter can be tricky. I hope you had a good time in Wyoming and already saw that the camera was fighting you in CO this year.

I am sure Warden Kerr will be happy with the TV spot to let people know that Wardens are really good guys just trying to keep the resource healthy for everyone- and to help get folks out of a tight spot now and again. It was always funny when ordering new trucks from the state they would say well we can't order that cause the public will think we are spending too much money, but I assure you in that position you want them to have the best vehicle and equipment they can...Plus they live out of that truck for most of the year.
Good Job Kerr.

Thanks for the hard work Fin.

Randy,

Glad you had a chance to meet Warden Kerr, I assume it was the son cause I used to work with his dad who was also a Warden in southern Wyo.

I worked for WG&FD and gutted plenty of animals and pulled out many vehicles. Feels good actually getting to help people instead of scolding them for not using their noodle.

Feel your pain, those drifts outside of Casper and all around Wyo for that matter can be tricky. I hope you had a good time in Wyoming and already saw that the camera was fighting you in CO this year.

I am sure Warden Kerr will be happy with the TV spot to let people know that Wardens are really good guys just trying to keep the resource healthy for everyone- and to help get folks out of a tight spot now and again. It was always funny when ordering new trucks from the state they would say well we can't order that cause the public will think we are spending too much money, but I assure you in that position you want them to have the best vehicle and equipment they can...Plus they live out of that truck for most of the year.
Good Job Kerr.

Thanks for the hard work Fin.

Agreed. I have yet to meet a warden that was not professional and helpful. They have a job to do, and given every person they encounter is heavily armed, it is expected they would probably exercise good judgement in dealing with people. You couldn't pay me enough to have their job.

Did you see us in the field in Colorado? If so, sorry I didn't see you. Probably too much oak brush in my field of view.

Fin,

I loved the job but realized I was working every day of hunting season...had a problem with that.

I didn't see you just was living your trip through your posts. I grew up in Cedaredge but I hunt about 30 miles south of where you were. I hunt up there as well just depends on what tags we get and what season we hunt. Had to laugh out loud at the story of the oak brush hanging the camera equipment. People don't believe you until they live it, you could hide many pink elephants in that stuff.

Let me know if I can help at all.

Good Luck

Randy,

Have you done a Turkey hunt? I haven't noticed if you were going to have a turkey hunting show.

That and an Archery Javalina hunt in AZ. ... not like you don't have enough on your plate.

GO- KILL

Figured it best to check the weather forecast before launching the ship early tomorrow morning. Looks like the Wyoming wind fully intends to continue making this hunt difficult.

Those elk have to be somewhere, even in this wind. Just where and how to film the killing of an elk is the riddle I have to solve.

High Wind Watch
Statement as of 2:47 PM MST on November 16, 2011

... High wind watch now in effect from late tonight through Thursday afternoon...

The high wind watch is now in effect from late tonight through Thursday afternoon.

* Summary and timing... west winds will increase rapidly Thursday morning and continue through the afternoon hours. The strongest winds will likely be during the early afternoon hours Thursday.

* Wind... west southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts over 60 mph possible.

* Impacts... travelers may experience strong and erratic winds... especially in The Gap southwest of Casper and along outer drive. Those driving high profile vehicles and towing light trailers should exercise caution in this area if travel is necessary.

Gusts on Friday are supposed to calm down to 35 mph. How people live in that wind blown country is beyond me. Maybe I am just a puss.

Fin,

Good luck in the "W". I try not to say it and maybe it will go away.... Something has got to change.

Just got to watch your 2-yard NM Bull Kill. NICE Being able to watch them on the computer is great! Your site works well. Was wondering if the time change is not automatic on the site though, your last post said 8:28 today and its only 8:15 now?

Good luck der, Big Fin. Bull, cow, spotted calf....I'm sure you'll get 'er done!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back