Wyoming Elk - I need a lucky break

Production company to Fin: "We need you to go back to Colorado and finish that story now"

Unfortunately, Fin's elk season is 9 days- and 9 days only. If he were a youth hunter, he could change his tag in for a private land cow tag.

Sorry for the delay guys. Too tired to give the entire account at this time. Just got to the room and now thinking about how much work is ahead of me tomorrow.

Will post a pic now and have to hit the sack. Got four loads still hanging in trees out there. It is only five mile round trip with each load, but the terrain of those round trips is not much fun.

Still can't believe how this all came together. Fast. Spot 'em with light fading fast, run about a mile in these mountains, then get there in time to make the shot. Should be some good footage.

The bigger bull was bedded ten feet from this bull, but the shot was marginal on the bigger bull. So, the 5X6 and his broadside perspective made it an easy decision for me.

Anyhow, here he is. Very pleased. Hope to get back in time tomorrow to write up a decent story.

IMG_1305.JPG

Nice job, Randy. I'd help you pack out those loads tomorrow if I were closer.

Great smile on the face in the photo. Must have been taken before the "oh boy, we're five miles to the truck" thought broke through the adrenaline rush. . The tv show will have a really hard time showing just what you fellas suffered through weather-wise to get him

Congrats Randy!!!!!! You have put the time in for this one and deserve it.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back