Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Elk - I need a lucky break

"There has to be an easier way to do this, but I am too stupid to figure out how. So, I continue to do it the only way I know. Still makes me wonder how I see so many whole elk in the backs of pick up trucks during rifle season in MT."

I was told once, You can't shoot them from the road in you don't hunt from the road. :D

Once in awhile you get lucky enough to have four young guys and a little snow. Once or twice in a lifetime, but does happen. And you DO NOT have to hunt from the road as you threw out there. Just depends how well you know the country you are hunting in and knowing if you are up or down from a road, But, I think my luck has run out. Personally from an old phart I think that is a pretty cocky statement you just made. Lets not turn this into 24H. JMHO

Howdy All.

I just caught up with this discussion and having seen the episode prior to this post, it was really neat to read Big Fin and others allowing me the ability to recall the episode. It gave me a neat perspective by letting my memory recall what was shown on the screen versus using my imagination. Anyway, it was a very fine episode made better by the trials of the hunt. Meat on the ground doesn't determine success. I'm sure TV people don't see it that way. Success is made and forged from efforts and trials of a hunt. The stronger the memory, the better the hunt actually was despite the pains one went through. I'm sure many of us have some trophys that made a special spot in our minds and hearts, and yet the actual trophys really aren't giants. It is only afterwards does the story get perspective and become a great tale to recant to others and provide them with their own dream hunts. Thanks again Randy(Big Fin)! I love your show and like many others, we wanted to be there to help as it would have forged a fine memory for us too.

Later,
SilverDollars

Back