Caribou Gear

Wyoming draw results 2020

What i dont quite understand is my second choice doe tags were still 100% odds this year and i only drew one tag and didnt draw any 1st choice tags. Is there something in the regs preventing duplicate tags for the same unit?
Did you apply for doe tags on 2 separate applications?

High Country Whitetails in G, Closed camprgrounds with no toilet paper, and this... Please make it stop Douglas.
No way LOL we wanna keep the terrorist aka tourist types out. Seriously, campgrounds are not under lock n key, just not supported. Not sure the BLM guy I talked to in Cheyenne is 100% accurate because the one I talked to in Kemmerer area says something different. The one in Kemmerer says BLM camp grounds will be short staffed but some will enjoy support while others will not be maintained but open to camping. Still call before you go so you know what yer up against. Most have vault type restrooms and I was told by the BLM guy in Kemmerer that some of the flush type facilities might be locked but some will be open and most will be available to use, just not cleaned regular like you may be used to.

All the data services now people can see the places with good odds from last year prompting wild swings year to year. No secrets anymore...
THIS is exactly what I used for putting in for my successful draw. Take last year's odds +1 and submit. 2nd choice and third choice are a lot tougher with the high numbers this year.

THIS is exactly what I used for putting in for my successful draw. Take last year's odds +1 and submit. 2nd choice and third choice are a lot tougher with the high numbers this year.

Last years odds were not at all reflective of this years odds in some units. The one i applied for went from roughly 250 applicants to 500.

I have a hard time seeing droves of Non resident guys that were unsuccessful in their buck draw making the trip for a doe tag. I could be totally wrong though.

Maybe the ones who were unsuccessful with their doe draw? Like me. But no, I won't bother because there are no leftovers in any areas that I'm interested in hunting.

BTW yall thinkin yer invading Wyoming. Borders are closed LOL.
What are you talking about? The borders are open, you can camp in WY, places are operating. Why are you putting out info like this?

In our group of 5 hunters, 3 of us pulled a group antelope buck tag and failed to get matching doe tags. 2 of us went their own way and had a pair of individual doe tag apps - neither of them drew either. This year the unit was 50% odds on does and the group was 0 for 5. But my son and I got our buck tags with the group draw so we are happy. The new 280AI is going to get a notch in October.

Wow. Just wow. The pronghorn statistics make no sense in so many units. Waiting for someone to tease out the meaning of these wild swings. Is it just people running from one side of the listing boat to the other, chasing last year’s odds? Is it tag drawing services? Is it new applicants just throwing darts? All of the above, likely. Got my tag, 1st choice, with odds WAY worse than last year. Missed out on another 2nd choice tag that wad nearly guaranteed last year and this year was even worse than my 1st choice odds. I plan basically the same way every year, maybe that can work in my favor as the schizophrenic crowd pulls random draw strategy stunts based on whatever is the interweb article of the moment. Maybe next year red desert will be 2nd choice. Ahhh crap. Cats outta the bag now!

I don't know why antelope isn't 100% draw even for nonresidents. I don't go anywhere in the state and not see antelope. Now trophies is a different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back