Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming draw results 2020

I see a couple of processes in action. The first is true creep for the good units, where the 2-year average almost always results in more PP’s to draw. The second process is the wildly listing numbers for bargain buck units and doe tags. People see 1000 1st choice applications for 80 tags last year and think damn, that’s terrible odds, I’ll put in for unit 69 where 96 people applied for 80 tags (numbers made up). But everyone thinks that and the boat rocks again.

There are lots of factors going into application strategies such as public or private, 3-year averages for bargain tags, working the amended allocations data after the commissioners meeting, etc. But even after all that a lot of the 0-1 PP tags and doe tags are still governed somewhat by people throwing a random dart.

Have you looked at the left over list? There is barely any leftover doe tags!

The leftover buck quota is ridiculous. I think I counted 160 or so Type 1 tags left with something like 140+ from unit 10...

Not complaining though, I drew my 3rd choice but I was hoping to get a shot at units 3 or 4 for a second buck tag...

The amount of interest in doe/fawn tags blows my mind. WOW I get it they are cheap and that probably helps push people with the price of most either sex tags in the western states being so high. But some of the numbers I'm seeing are just not even believable compared to the past draws.

LOL yall savage types, I prefer the old fashion latrine dug with a stick or something to developed campsites myself. I have recently been tied to a CPAP machine so I was looking for electrical convenience. Now we are taking generators and planning on behind the bush latrines like everyone else. Only thing I wished is people would bury their poo spots. Nothing worse than walking through the woods and running into piles of old poo and TP.

Last edited:
Our party of four had three goose eggs. The trio who had points got their buck tags and two doe tags each. The last two had a pair of doe tags each. I may go as a spotter and to help or we may roll the dice for some leftover tags. Seems like people from all over wont let the Wyoming draw get by without throwing their name in.

Our party of four had three goose eggs. The trio who had points got their buck tags and two doe tags each. The last two had a pair of doe tags each. I may go as a spotter and to help or we may roll the dice for some leftover tags. Seems like people from all over wont let the Wyoming draw get by without throwing their name in.

this is unintelligible?

If I get 3 goose egs and it equates to 3 buck tags and 10? doe tags, sign me up for goose eggs. 😆

Sorry to confuse. My party of four had applied for an either sex tag and two doe/fawn tags. That was an oh for three. The three brothers with points drew their buck tags and two doe tags, so they will have 9 tags. The last of our posee was a father-son team who each got a pair of doe tags.

Wow. Just wow. The pronghorn statistics make no sense in so many units. Waiting for someone to tease out the meaning of these wild swings. Is it just people running from one side of the listing boat to the other, chasing last year’s odds? Is it tag drawing services? Is it new applicants just throwing darts? All of the above, likely. Got my tag, 1st choice, with odds WAY worse than last year. Missed out on another 2nd choice tag that wad nearly guaranteed last year and this year was even worse than my 1st choice odds. I plan basically the same way every year, maybe that can work in my favor as the schizophrenic crowd pulls random draw strategy stunts based on whatever is the interweb article of the moment. Maybe next year red desert will be 2nd choice. Ahhh crap. Cats outta the bag now!

It's all the data services available now. You used to see the same thing on a smaller scale when Hunting Fool would list a unit. Now with GoHunt and others the impact is much greater....gotta play smart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back