Wyoming draw results 2020

GoatHntr

So yesterday marked the close of applications for Wyoming antelope and deer. I know that the tentative release of draw results is June 18 but I think it’s usually sooner. Any predictions on when the draw results for antelope will post? Good luck everyone!

Got our party app in at the last minute with our 2 points. Decided to include a second choice unit. Neither are guaranteed so will need a little luck.

I also think results will be posted the 18th

So yesterday marked the close of applications for Wyoming antelope and deer. I know that the tentative release of draw results is June 18 but I think it’s usually sooner. Any predictions on when the draw results for antelope will post? Good luck everyone!

As said in another post and multiple times, 10:00 AM on June 18 without exception. Wyoming has always been on schedule when drawing results are posted.

What am supposed to do for 16 more days?!! Hahaha good luck all.

I wanna see my deer results since this is first time I noticed I could put in to shoot muley does. I would not mind an early release of results but all that is done by computer and then fed into the online database right on schedule. Ever since they got automated, nothing is ever early and generally not late either.

I wanna see my deer results since this is first time I noticed I could put in to shoot muley does. I would not mind an early release of results but all that is done by computer and then fed into the online database right on schedule. Ever since they got automated, nothing is ever early and generally not late either.

Yes most definitely. Good luck to you on your deer draw. Muley Does do make for some good eating especially during those cold winter evenings!

Got our two party app in with three points at the last minute. Hope it pays off!

I did last minute apps myself for a muley area close to where I live instead of driving up north and having to settle for whitetail does. Reading the draw results from last year, as a resident I have greater than a 50-50 odds.

I see a lot of your post Doug. I can’t wait for a mule deer! We do not have many opportunities for them here in Texas. I will have four points next year in Wyoming. Next season back to Colorado over the counter then Wyoming mule deer.

I see a lot of your post Doug. I can’t wait for a mule deer! We do not have many opportunities for them here in Texas. I will have four points next year in Wyoming. Next season back to Colorado over the counter then Wyoming mule deer.

Don't Texas have them small ass deer? I want to call them tule but that is elk. Can't remember what my cousin said they were. I know sika deer have taken hold in some areas where they escaped from ranches years ago. I have family in the Baytown and in the west Texas area that keep trying to get me to visit for deer and hog hunting. My cousin works for a rancher out of El Paso a ways. Edit: Axis deer was what I was thinking of. Really a feral deer I heard.

Apparently, mule deer population in Wyoming has rebounded better than I realized. I settled for whitetail limited draw reduced price licenses just because I didn't think you could shoot muley does anywhere. When I first became a resident, that was true. Most of the time I just bought a general OTC license. I am a meat hunter so you won't see me chasing big trophy bucks a whole lot unless they walk into my view in the scope.

Last edited:
Don't Texas have them small ass deer? I want to call them tule but that is elk. Can't remember what my cousin said they were. I know sika deer have taken hold in some areas where they escaped from ranches years ago. I have family in the Baytown and in the west Texas area that keep trying to get me to visit for deer and hog hunting. My cousin works for a rancher out of El Paso a ways.

Apparently, mule deer population in Wyoming has rebounded better than I realized. I settled for whitetail limited draw reduced price licenses just because I didn't think you could shoot muley does anywhere. When I first became a resident, that was true. Most of the time I just bought a general OTC license. I am a meat hunter so you won't see me chasing big trophy bucks a whole lot unless they walk into my view in the scope.

Depends on where you hunt. South Texas actually has some large bodied whitetail. Where I am from north of Fort Worth, I shot a 6.5 year old buck that dressed 174 pounds. He was a freak for weight in my area. If you hunt in the hill country does can weight 60-80 pounds mature bc of over population. They look like an over sized goat. Far west and far north panhandle we have mule deer. That would be 6 hours away from me in this big state and 90+% of them reside on private land.

If you get up in the panhandle you can find whitetail that have bred with the mulie’s. They carry some weight.

We do have tons of exotics that have no season or regulations. Just depends on where you hunt. Most came out of a high fence. Not all are a deer species. Nalgai, axis, sika, reed deer, aoudad, black buck, elk, are just a few. They are not considered a Native game animal.

As for the tule that is an elk. My uncle has them on his family ranch in California. Unfortunately he does not a have a season for them there.

As for pigs, that’s where my screen name comes from. I shoot every pig (sow) I see on our land. They are destroying lots of land around us. They are great to eat as well. Take your family up on the hunt if you get a chance, places are getting harder to find every day.

As for pigs, that’s where my screen name comes from. I shoot every pig (sow) I see on our land. They are destroying lots of land around us. They are great to eat as well. Take your family up on the hunt if you get a chance, places are getting harder to find every day.

Thinking about Texas after NY and Arkansas around March time frame for pigs. My cousin said I can bring my guns and hunt for free or pay an outfitter for them night scopes and AR-15s and shoot as many as I can. But I am reluctant to run my guns through TSA or chance interstate transport through some states on the way lately with stuff going on with various different states.

Don't Texas have them small ass deer? I want to call them tule but that is elk. Can't remember what my cousin said they were. I know sika deer have taken hold in some areas where they escaped from ranches years ago. I have family in the Baytown and in the west Texas area that keep trying to get me to visit for deer and hog hunting. My cousin works for a rancher out of El Paso a ways. Edit: Axis deer was what I was thinking of. Really a feral deer I heard.

Tule elk are pretty good size. A bull will go 700lb. My wife shot a tule cow 3 years ago weighed in at 415lb.

There’s a herd of Tules about 15 min from my in-laws. Drawing the tag is a different story.

Attachments

• D2518140-73FC-431C-B4CC-A9A11FB296FF.jpeg
    D2518140-73FC-431C-B4CC-A9A11FB296FF.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 25
If you get up in the panhandle you can find whitetail that have bred with the mulie’s. They carry some weight.
Curious... a guide told me a while back that the whitetails are more aggressive and will run the muley bucks off during the rut. So whitetail bucks breeding with muleys is a common occurence. Is that true?

Curious... a guide told me a while back that the whitetails are more aggressive and will run the muley bucks off during the rut. So whitetail bucks breeding with muleys is a common occurence. Is that true?

It is common on the plains in Colorado. Whitetails hang by the river where I hunted and bred with the muley does but I have never seen it the other way around and CPW biologist I ran into when we lived on the farm indicated that whitetails are more likely to cross breed than muleys are. I saw a hybrid on a wheat farm I hunted on with some massive bulk. Tried to get him but ended up chasing him to neighboring farm and the son got it. The biologist confirmed it when he drove by as we were helping load it into the farmer's pickup.

It is common on the plains in Colorado. Whitetails hang by the river where I hunted and bred with the muley does but I have never seen it the other way around and CPW biologist I ran into when we lived on the farm indicated that whitetails are more likely to cross breed than muleys are. I saw a hybrid on a wheat farm I hunted on with some massive bulk. Tried to get him but ended up chasing him to neighboring farm and the son got it. The biologist confirmed it when he drove by as we were helping load it into the farmer's pickup.
I shot a Mule deer/Whitetail hybrid 30 years ago in north central Wyoming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back