Wyoming draw results 2020

We have been waiting anxiously for the results. I put in for both myself and daughter. I convinced a buddy to apply and to bring his son. This would be both their first hunt. All four of us struck out even on the youth doe fawn. Everyone is super dissapointed. Oh well that is how it goes. Maybe next year. Good look to everyone, and safe hunting.

• Sad
Reactions: LCH
My results as a resident:
Successful:

Elk - Type 6 - cow/calf
Antelope - Type 1 - any antelope
Antelope - Type 6 - doe/fawn (two tags)

Unsuccessful
Type 1 - any deer
Type 8 - doe/fawn

Going to buy OTC:
Elk general valid for any elk
Deer general - not sure where I will hunt it now but local more likely
Bear - general
Lion - general
Turkey - general
Hopefully license to hunt grouse - not sure yet and I have never shot a grouse before.

I got hosed on my doe antelope draw, last year first choice pics was 83 apps, this year it exploded to 1264! WTH.

This will be the first year in a long time I won't have a WY tag in my pocket in some way.

I hear you. I didn't draw 69 either. Struck out on both doe tags I put in for.

I applied for some very good draw rate areas and still struck out. I did get one doe tag but that was as a second choice 100% draw odds. Maybe ill be able to pick up another doe in the leftover pool

Yeah I went for a decently high odd doe choice. Oh well we’ll see what leftovers are available

I got hosed on my doe antelope draw, last year first choice pics was 83 apps, this year it exploded to 1264! WTH.

This will be the first year in a long time I won't have a WY tag in my pocket in some way.
and I just drew two of them in that unit. makes zero sense.

Last edited:
That is where we drew. Sorry for your results.
see you there perhaps. drew two of those doe tags as well.
Am i reading correctly that the license quota went way down in some units? Looking at 103, it had a quota of 184 in 2019 and only 54 for 2020- is that correct?
probably. they posted in advance of the draw appliction deadline, in the wildlife hearing info packet where quotas are adopted, the new quotas so it does not have to be a surpise....

What i dont quite understand is my second choice doe tags were still 100% odds this year and i only drew one tag and didnt draw any 1st choice tags. Is there something in the regs preventing duplicate tags for the same unit?

Non resident tags appeared to decrease this year and applicant numbers are way up.
How do I check that? Im curious because my unit had a near 100% success rate last year for the special draw, but I struck out. Im sure there were more apps or fewer tags for that unit this year, but Id like to check out of curiosity.

Am i reading correctly that the license quota went way down in some units? Looking at 103, it had a quota of 184 in 2019 and only 54 for 2020- is that correct?
Did you look at the proposed quotas before you applied?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back