Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

Interference with a veterans hunt. Lol

That hunt is 5 folks thru Hunt w Heros and they can’t hunt it till Fred is done and can only shoot rag horns 5 point or less.

Poll those veterans on this guy and his opportunity. After reading this thread I bet there would be some quality testimony for the defense on their “opportunity”

The argument that the ranch’s value has been diminished by that many millions of dollars seems to concede the fact that its corners are in fact now open to crossing. How else could they argue that touching air produced such ridiculously high damages? It is no longer one large, contiguous block of land. Interesting…

The argument is ridiculous because they are asking for value that they, in fact, never had. The hunters took nothing. I gotta believe this is going to be tossed as illogical, ridiculous, and just plain insulting to common sense.

Looks to me like Fred payed too much for his ranch. No landowner should ever count on the property you boarder always being the same.

When I bought my lot that subdivision next door didn’t have any houses built yet. Now they have built up houses everywhere and are ruining my view and my western living experience…😂

The fact that Magagna and the stock growers have now signed on absolutely infuriates me. They are the biggest bunch of hypocritical whiners in Wyoming. They have no trouble trespassing livestock all over the state and causing untold damages to public lands. What is that worth?
Hell, in Wyoming, cattle can wander freely wherever they want with no recourse to the owner. It is YOUR responsibility to fence them off your property. Fundamental property rights be damned.
I am now more motivated than ever to fund this legal defense.

Can’t believe their augment now is their ranch has lost value because hunters will have access to the landlocked public land that they thought they controlled. The greedy ranch owners are also siding with this guy. I would say send them the tax bill for that public land but that would only give the more sense of entitlement.
Other great question when it comes to the “value” of the property. Take away all the tax incentives for the county, are they the counties charging taxes on the real value of the property or the ranch owners highly inflated value of the property?

When I bought my lot that subdivision next door didn’t have any houses built yet. Now they have built up houses everywhere and are ruining my view and my western living experience…😂
There is a guy (who happens to be an attorney) in the subdivision I live in here in Bozeman suing his neighbor for exactly this.

Seems like he should take that beef up with his real estate folks...
I'd love to see the title insurance policy on this place. It would be real interesting to see what the title insurance company is guaranteeing against or not guaranteeing against regarding the public inholdings on these types of ranches at time of purchase.

I'd love to see the title insurance policy on this place. It would be real interesting to see what the title insurance company is guaranteeing against or not guaranteeing against regarding the public inholdings on these types of ranches at time of purchase.
I don’t think the title company would guarantee anything outside of the boundaries of private property.

I’d bet he’s aware of all the people talking about corner crossing his place this year. I’m sure the ridiculous price tag on his lawsuit is meant to scare people away from doing that this fall. I think he knows he’s not gonna get anywhere near that even if he does win in federal court, but it’ll probably be an effective scare tactic against some would be corner crossers in the near term.

Decrease property value is a real problem, but can't blame the hunters. If a judge de ides corner crossing is legal, that's not the fault of hunters

I get and understand the value of the land would indeed be lowered if it was 100 percent clear that you could corner cross. What I don't get is that if Fred argues this particular event resulted in the millions of lost property value, isn't he then in turn agreeing that it is legal to corner cross? At that point, it's not the fault of these few hunters.

I get and understand the value of the land would indeed be lowered if it was 100 percent clear that you could corner cross. What I don't get is that if Fred argues this particular event resulted in the millions of lost property value, isn't he then in turn agreeing that it is legal to corner cross? At that point, it's not the fault of these few hunters.
Fred should apparently be going after his real estate attorney and the estate agent for the quagmire he signed up for in the initial purchase.

Back