Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fin, so you are totally fine with what happened in New Mex to OYO nonres? I’m pretty sure this same thing could potentially happen in Wyo.

Also, nonres have invested up to 25 years into the Wyo pref pt system and 77% of license and pref pr revenue comes from nonres that support the WGF.
That's a big question I have (and I am sure it's been discussed and covered in this thread or another) but what is the plan for WGF to recover the loss in revenue from the new 90/10 split?

Big fin, so you are totally fine with what happened in New Mex to OYO nonres? I’m pretty sure this same thing could potentially happen in Wyo.

Also, nonres have invested up to 25 years into the Wyo pref pt system and 77% of license and pref pr revenue comes from nonres that support the WGF.
It doesn't matter what I am fine with. What matters is what Wyoming residents are fine with. Or in the case of New Mexico, what New Mexico residents were fine with.

You make it seem that allowing Wyoming-ites to exercise their 10th Amendment rights under the Constitution is somehow wrong. I support any state exercising their 10th Amendment rights, even if I don't like the outcome.

I wish it stayed the same in WY and NM. But, my desires for that is not something I think is worth telling Wyoming or New Mexico, or your home state of Colorado, or Alaska, or (insert here) that they should not be able to adjust allocations as they see fit and is allowed under the 10th Amendment.

The states will do what they are going to do. I will deal with those changes and adjust accordingly. As for non-residents speaking out, I completely get why they are doing it. I just feel supporting the Constitution and the legality of what states are allowed to do is more important than how it negatively impacts me or is contrary to the outcome I want for my own selfish reasons.

With every change to non-resident opportunity comes consequences that will make it harder for us to create public land advocates in the hunting space. That is unfortunate, but none of this occurs in its own little vacuum. I accept that outcome as part of states exercising their rights on behalf of residents.

If you want to make it binary, knock yourself out. It is far more complicated than what you or I are "fine with." If it was that simple, there wouldn't be multiple threads on the topic. And if you want to continue your crusade as the benevolent advocate who is motivated solely by concerns about Wyoming's small businesses and their agency budgets, knock yourself out.

Carry on .........

The general attitude of some of the resident hunters here on this site sure makes a fellow who is generally for stronger State government and less Federal control pine for the fed to somehow stick it to some folks on this issue.

Not that I think the fed being involved in wildlife management is a good idea, but it sure would be satisfying to sit back and watch some whiney resident hunters have a hissy fit.
Fantasy land aside that will never happen.

I couldn’t agree more. While we’re at it we should make crossing your home state line illegal and really crack down on public comment at all. I find it disgusting that people can even have this conversation right now. In fact I think we should make it so you can’t even be traipsing outside of your home township/borough that you reside in.
Bowhunting is another thing that needs to be gone. Too many people blundering around with primitive weapons. High power rifles only and don’t even step foot into the woods unless you can shoot a minimum of 1 mile.
I'm fine with all of that. Especially bowhunting.

This is one of my main concerns with the issue. Thanks for acknowledging the fact.
I doubt that, buddy. And how and why will there be less "public land advocates" created? In other words: How does it adversely affect the selling and publicizing of hunting to the target audience? You NR's will continue to pay the money and buy the gear and be on hunt talk all the time, etc no matter what your chances are of drawing a tag. Randy doesn't need to worry, he'll still have subscribers

Your first paragraph is not wrong. Unfortunately, the days of the Western states residents hunting all over their own state easily and cheaply might be threatened at some point too in the not-so-distant future. When that time comes, we will all be way better off being supportive and cooperative than this thread indicates we really are.
I agree completely. That time is faster approaching for MT. But the solution isn't working with NR. It's raising tag prices on residents along with restricting opportunity and raising tag prices on NR to what the market will bar along with restricting opportunities.
As far as I am concerned NR shoukd not be even allowed to draw for anything but general tags as it is now.

That's a big question I have (and I am sure it's been discussed and covered in this thread or another) but what is the plan for WGF to recover the loss in revenue from the new 90/10 split?

A. WGF is not going to propose a plan to lose money (90-10 will not lose money)
B. If the unintended consequence of 90-10 was an unexpected loss of revenue, then that's Wyoming's problem. They will figure it out. (see A. above)

To bad a meteor just didn't hit Wyoming and kill all the wildlife. Then we will never have to discuss this again. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back