Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY NR 50-50 special/random split...comment now

BuzzH

This post is for the NR hunters mostly, but I'll be opposing moving the tag split between special and random to 50-50, currently there is 60% regular fee, 40% special fee.

Time for NR's to comment, single question on the public input link.

Some useful talking points:

1. The NR youth prices ONLY apply to the regular fee, NR youth that want to participate in the special draw pay the same prices. This will limit NR youth by another 10% of available tags.

2. With the fee increase that will be passed, point creep will explode, be worse with the splits going to 50-50.

3. Outfitters already got their way with the fee increases, enough is enough.

Be tactful, but firm in opposing the tag splits and ask to leave them as is.

Again, this is primarily a NR issue, but I know plenty of Residents will be opposing it...get them in by Nov. 7 at 5 PM, tune in and comment on-line during the meeting if you can.

Buzz, how does this 50-50 split “benefit” the ones proposing it? Is it the 10% more tag increase for the special?

Comments submitted.

My guess is it’s benefitting the outfitters because if someone’s dropping that kind of coin on the special tag, they’ll probably be good with hiring an outfitter as well? I’d be curious how many special tag holders go guided vs unguided.

Buzz, how does this 50-50 split “benefit” the ones proposing it? Is it the 10% more tag increase for the special?
Yes, more special priced tags more clients for outfitters.

WOGA has run 2 bills in the past to do this, both defeated pretty soundly. Now they're trying to make another run at it via the task force.

Shut it down.

Yes, more special priced tags more clients for outfitters.

WOGA has run 2 bills in the past to do this, both defeated pretty soundly. Now they're trying to make another run at it via the task force.

Shut it down.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve passed it on to the rest of my hunting party to voice their opinion on the matter.

Comment added. Tact, valued guidance.
Thanks for the heads up.

Figured I'd share the meeting agenda, with zoom info link for meeting.

Attachments

• WWTF Agenda 11_18_22.pdf
    142.4 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back