When It's Time To Say Goodbye.

This is the hardest thing to do, I truly feel your pain. I’m so sorry for your loss. All dogs go to heaven.

The selfish part of me was glad my last dog past away at home, during the night.
Either way, it’s not easy!
Very sorry

Tough times.

I thought my little Fr Britt was at the end in January. I paid the equivalent of an African Cape buffalo hunt to get her emergency surgery in Minneapolis. They removed a softball sized cancer tumor from next to her liver. She bounced right back. At age twelve "Puppy" is still leaving me and the 8 year-old Lab in the dust bird hunting. Tough little stinker. Ageless. Every morning when I wake up she rolls on her back next to me in bed, kicking her feet in the air, "riding the bike." Happy to see another new day with Dad. It's our special time. She will NOT let the Lab have any part of it. Ellie has to sit next to the bed and cry till I get up. Puppy doesn't have a mean bone in her body but there's some kind of body language going on.

Sorry to hear. It is a terrible thing to go through. All I do is ask myself would I want to keep living if I was in that condition

Dogs lives are too short, the only fault I could ever find with any of mine.
Condolences

Called the vet.

Vet commented, when it reaches the point of, "the call", it's time.
He's mentally there though physically, his body has checked out. Nerve and arthritis...

So tough. He's my backcountry buddy.

Suppose this helps to post. I dislike these threads. Maybe not dislike though always saddens me - though always open and post.

If the world held a fraction the love our four legged family members share, this world would be a much better place.

View attachment 296066

View attachment 296067
Very sad to hear it. We put ours down 3 months ago, fresh salt on the wound. Like you I dread these threads, but they are part of the reality of having dogs in the family. Why can't we have the saddest part early in the process, then look forward to the better parts? Dogs have so much to teach us, including how to love, grieve, eventually let go. Something in my eye, again.

I just gave Winnie a belly scratch in his honor. Dogs....so much to love and no matter how long they live, they are taken too soon.

Sorry to hear. Just buried mine last weekend, it really sucks. He had been with us for 14.5 years. You will know when it’s time. Even though they can’t tell us how they are doing, there is something about that bond with them that allows for communication.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back