August-doe Pronghorn
October-Either sex elk
December-whitetail on the eastern plains

Wyoming
September-Pronghorn
November-Mule Deer

And waterfowl and pheasants in between.

Shaping up to be a pretty busy year.

grouse, ptarmigan, ducks, geese, cranes, moose, caribou, deer, bear, seal are the normal feed the community hunts. Sometimes, if time permits, muskox, elk, bison, sheep and even less often walrus, as it is just not a hunt ( if you can call it that ), that, I enjoy. But I am hoping to be a part of a Bowhead in 2021. That is a fun, community outing, for me, although I am sure you fellows would rather go on almost any other hunt, than a whale hunt :)
I would love to try whale, seal and walrus hunting.

I am adjusting fire this year a bit. As of now CPO and I are forgoing our regular GMU 26 hunt here in CO. We are going to try to do IN-IL-WI gun seasons in a row!! This will be about being in the hardwoods in NOV with friends from all over and getting CPO his first WT. Past that I have a decent chance (based on the last several years of draws) to pull a CO buck tag I have been trying for for several years. If that comes through it will be pretty exciting. To go with these I am going to try for several waterfowl hunts. This year went in the crapper waterfowl wise for my and I am jonesing for some "feet down, beat down". I will also be open to opportunities as they appear. Add to that HOPEFULLY using my new Scheels discount on some new "equipment" ;)

I put in for Arizona with zero points to show you all how it’s done!

Back in the real world...I will be solo in Idaho with the bow, if my draw arm isn’t injured like it is currently.

Sheep hunt in AK. Maybe there will be enough time to go after something else.

Help with WY elk hunts in Sept. and Oct. Decided not to get tag cause 4 tags can be hard to fill.

Daughter’s first deer tag in Oct.

Pheasant in Nov.

Maybe something else if I draw.

I’ll be starting a new falcon again this season, been a rough couple years, so no archery elk (one of these years) and no unlimiteds sheep (also one of these years - will have a made bird again at some point and not need to fly September). No backcountry hunting at all, essentially, just a lot of dogs and birds. I do have a new traditional recurve bow, tho, so I hope to arrow a couple deer in the backyard instead of rifling them and I am also going to try for antelope as that opens early enough in the year I can chase them before work most days right up the road. Few days of half-hearted rifle elk, as well, I’m sure.

I had planned to spend the month of July hiking and fishing in Russian Altai, but that’s unlikely due to the pesky global pandemic so it’ll be a mostly Beartooth summer as per usual.

Here is to a better 2021 for everyone. :)

Some of our plans are starting to finalize for 2021. I was able to fully commit on a bucket list trip for this fall. Me and two other good friends are going to road trip to the grass lands of South Dakota to hunt prairie chickens and sharptails. This has been on the radar for a while, and I'm excited to get the opportunity to spend time with these guys.

Nothing else is set yet, other than later summer/early fall bear hunting in Oregon. Word on the street is there could be a gathering of HT hooligans.
Keep binos with you when after the prairie chickens. They fly a long ways after flushing and will often post a sentry on a nearby tree/fence post. The binos help with accurate marks.

Most of my plans are at the will of the draw gods. That said, it's very likely I'll be heading to either KS or SD this year for a buck and rooster trip regardless. Would like to work in a second rooster trip to someplace closer like IA, but not sure I'm on BrentDs good side... ;)

Here in IN; spring turkey should the boy's baseball schedule and COVID allow. Fall will be deer hunting with my focus on archery and trying to get one from the ground. And squirrels, a lot more squirrel hunts. Probably a trip or two for planted birds for Hank. Any and all manner of fishing/hunting that the boys tell me they'd like to do. Would like for both to punch tags this year. Been a couple since they both did.

Last edited:
Have five turkey tags between my Virginia and Maryland licenses, but will probably stop carrying a gun after two or three if I'm that lucky. May scoot up north to my aunt's place in New Hampshire just to chase the little dinosaurs someplace new. Submitted a long shot Type 9 elk in Wyoming. Will probably cash in some points and try a Colorado mule deer hunt, but need to talk my dad into it. With or without a western deal, I'd like to try and get a bear in my sights in the mountains around here, and know of at least a couple really nice bucks that survived the urban archery season in the woods across the street I get to bow hunt. It's getting harder and harder to justify duck hunting in this part of the world, which is a shame since I grew up a duck hunter, full stop. Closest I ever came to killing deer before I went to college was with a truck. Probably take a trip back to the old home camp in Mississippi to scratch the waterfowl itch.

Sheep hunting with the wife
Taking the kids caribou hunting, that should be an adventure
Maybe a moose hunt, haven't decided yet
Maybe CO deer hunting with the wife, or possibly POW deer
The regular fishing adventures and heading to MT for a few weeks this summer.

I just started a year long fast track Registered Nurse program that I'll be finishing in early December with no breaks until then. Points only for me this year other than a Hail Mary sheep app in AZ and some late archery deer tags in NM. Also likely putting in for Aoudad in NM for Feb 2022. Friend and I are shooting for an OTC archery hunt in AZ for Jan of 2022. Otherwise will be living vicariously through all you good folks for the next year.

I'll try to squeeze time in for my usual Tennessee turkey and whitetail hunting as well. School has to be the priority for the year though.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back