What's in the Hopper for 2021?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
But you have a multi-season saga going, so that has to count for something 😁

And congrats on the new addition!
Ahh yes the saga. Which could take quite the turn this season with new people possibly hearing about him and hunting the area and him shedding his antlers so early im worried old age is finally catching up to him. Gonna be interesting to see how he looks this spring. On the brightside I can focus on that hunt more...which could also be bad mentally. Haha

Some of our plans are starting to finalize for 2021. I was able to fully commit on a bucket list trip for this fall. Me and two other good friends are going to road trip to the grass lands of South Dakota to hunt prairie chickens and sharptails. This has been on the radar for a while, and I'm excited to get the opportunity to spend time with these guys.

Nothing else is set yet, other than later summer/early fall bear hunting in Oregon. Word on the street is there could be a gathering of HT hooligans.
Maybe add a guided day fishing on Oahe while in South Dakota!

Longshot at WY elk, likely WY lope. At least one SD deer. Probably just points in CO for deer/elk. Fence swinging in UT. Maybe archery lope in MT. Just bought a longbow, but not sure if I will be able to hit my ass with both hands. Slash will be old enough for uplands, so I need to get him out as much as possible. I love living in a state that doesn't stress me out on drawing out-of-state. I could easily keep busy not far from home.

I'll be headed to Hawaii next month for some axis deer on my delayed honeymoon. We will do some Lake Erie fishing in March and July for steelhead and walleye. Most likely in September I'll be headed to southeast Montana for deer and pronghorn unless lightning strikes and I draw some longshot limited entry tag in NM, AZ, or WY.

Living vicariously through all yall especially rtraver til after November 22nd. Pool construction oldest daughter wedding to pay for In November of all( I'll be holding a grudge for a while) after the wedding its to the marsh and the swamp for ducks.

Kids hunts. Both will have cow tags here. 12 year old killed his first elk this year on a late season. Now I need to get 14 year old onto one. Both will likely have doe tags as well. Otherwise, just try to hunt with a couple of buddies and have fun regardless of killing critters. Though that usually helps.

Lions and a couple wolf trips
Spring bears
Scout and fish The tooths
Draw goat tag
Unlimited Sheep
Elk and Mule Deer

I would really like to draw an antelope tag with my wife and take the kids on their first little wall tent experience. A trip like that would satisfy me for the season.

Saskatchatoon hunts: I have two spring bear hunts planned with two bear tags. Should draw my moose tag this fall, elk, mule deer and whities. I'll probably draw a couple antlerless mule deer tags and there's some antlerless whitetail opportunities. Pronghorn draw odds are crap here but I'll apply anyway.

Not going to talk about my States side apps, I'll be applying as I always do but odds are I probably won't get to cross the border again this year, FML. If it stays closed, I'll probably go to Manitoba for whitetail again.

Spring bears
Gen WY elk and deer barring draws
Cow tag or two
M/S/G draws
Antelope party app with my oldest
Late fall aspen ruffies
Lots of friends to tag along and help with deer and elk adventures
Almost forgot, put us in for spare WT buck tags as well

Last edited by a moderator:
In for long shot elk in Wyo, antelope and deer in Wyo are still in the air. Points for CO and SD. SHOULD draw mule deer in KS, will be in for antelope and elk in KS. Whitetail/hogs in OK. As much bird hunting as I can find time for.

Excited for the upcoming fishing trips as well.

Trying out spear fishing for the first time this year too.

Cashing in some wyoming antelope points possibly, taking my step son for his first western hunt.

Taking the dog on an out of town waterfowl hunt and not telling a soul around home about it.

Possibly starting a guide service around home for waterfowl, a lot to think about. If its not this year it'll be next year.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back