Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What's in the Hopper for 2021?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Going to put in for CO cow moose, I have enough points, but there are a lot of folks ahead of me so it’s a crap shoot.

Put in for AZ elk on Camp Navajo. So another crap shoot, swing for the fence in NM this year.

Plan on grabbing some donation tags off the list in WY. Going to have a mid Aug kick off with a 7-6 tag. From there it’s anybody’s guess.

Going to swing for the fences in ID moose.

I'm planning the most basic hunting season for 2021 with my first child coming in late May. 👍
I am making zero plans outside of my local hunts. Not to say a spur of the moment trip doesn't happen, but definitely not planning any.
Good luck bro! My daughter was born in October of last year and my wonderful wife and in-laws made it possible for me to hunt some but I still felt guilty as hell and missed her every minute I was gone.
Wife shot down a WY antelope hope this year before babies birthday. 😭

More overnight camping and fishing trips close to home. Spring hog hunting and whitetail this fall. Really want to get my wife on another deer after skipping this season due to baby, I passed on a cool 3x3 in hopes he’d live another year.

Oh, we also are headed to WY to do a calf branding in April. Then we are back to Nebraska in July ish to get our new OutdoorsRV 23dbs!

Cashing in some wyoming antelope points possibly, taking my step son for his first western hunt.

Taking the dog on an out of town waterfowl hunt and not telling a soul around home about it.

Possibly starting a guide service around home for waterfowl, a lot to think about. If its not this year it'll be next year.
I'll be a test run client..... promise to give a 5 start report

I'll be a test run client..... promise to give a 5 start report
Tired of being being the only one to scout, gain permission, brush blinds, not too mention it's my enclosed trailer my 8 dozen goose decoys, my ranger. Etc etc. Luckily for me everyone is nice enough to show up with there own guns😆. As much time and money as I dump into it I owe it to the family to try and make something out of it for them. Be happy to have you! That out of town hunt with the dog will be Montana sometime between Christmas and middle of January once our duck season closes down here

Tired of being being the only one to scout, gain permission, brush blinds, not too mention it's my enclosed trailer my 8 dozen goose decoys, my ranger. Etc etc. Luckily for me everyone is nice enough to show up with there own guns😆. As much time and money as I dump into it I owe it to the family to try and make something out of it for them. Be happy to have you! That out of town hunt with the dog will be Montana sometime between Christmas and middle of January once our duck season closes down here
Shit gets annoying doesn't it...... then the people I got into it don't even invite me now. Must be a douche.....

But do they bring their own shells ?! That’s also a plus when it happens

I'd like to say yes but youd be surprised

“I really thought there were more shells left in this box”
”I forgot to bring my steel shot“
“I didn’t think I’d need more than 4”
“the Gas station was closed this morning”

I’m sure you've heard these before as well

“I really thought there were more shells left in this box”
”I forgot to bring my steel shot“
“I didn’t think I’d need more than 4”
“the Gas station was closed this morning”

I’m sure you've heard these before as well
My pet peeve is the guys helping try to set up with no headlamp. Halfass walking around using the light on there phone between texts or whatever that snapchat bullshit is. Also being early is on time and being on time is late,, words to live by.

Last edited:
Elk, deer, antelope in MT. I’m already looking forward to more duck hunting with the new dog.

Probably going to CO to help my dad find a big mule deer, possibly cashing in our points and doing an antelope hunt in WY. Other than that, swinging for the fences in AZ, UT, NM, NV.

Hunting wise:

Talked the wife into allowing me to buy a bow. My old one died a couple years ago. So archery elk in MT.

A trip to somewhere Montana for deer. It’s been many years since I shot a whitetail buck and would like to this year.

I’ll put in for pronghorn, sheep, and goat.

My 7 year wait to apply for moose is over - all praise be to the Hunting Gods.

A lot of upland again. Huns and Blues.

Other than that a bunch of camping again this summer. Went over a dozen times last year. Take my kids fishing as much as possible. Hike Mann Gulch. Climb a couple local range highpoints with my wife.

Making big plans, may need to be scaled back to fit in all in and adjust with tags drawn.

Spring turkey in Idaho
Spring turkey in MN on the family farm - hopefully my parents are vaccinated by then
Spring bear in Idaho - at least one weekend, haven't done a western bear hunt yet.

Summer fly fishing trips to upper St Joe and Kelly Creek
Westport WA charter fishing - want to get a good meat trip in.
Lots of hiking, camping and local fishing mixed in. Picked up a canoe a couple weeks ago.

Idaho archery elk in Sept
Idaho moose - resident draw odds are high enough for me to be disappointed when I don't draw the tag.

WY antelope after Oct 15 - first time and put in for special so should be high odds at a good unit
WY mule deer - combo hunt with antelope
ID deer in Nov

And fitting in some upland hunting for grouse and pheasants. Maybe a weekend to SD for pheasants if the timing is right.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back