What's in the Hopper for 2021?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

Some of our plans are starting to finalize for 2021. I was able to fully commit on a bucket list trip for this fall. Me and two other good friends are going to road trip to the grass lands of South Dakota to hunt prairie chickens and sharptails. This has been on the radar for a while, and I'm excited to get the opportunity to spend time with these guys.

Nothing else is set yet, other than later summer/early fall bear hunting in Oregon. Word on the street is there could be a gathering of HT hooligans.

It’s looking like a September mule deer hunt in Wyoming and the aforementioned gathering of HT hooligans for bear here in Oregon are on the docket for me. If I wind up pulling a tag elsewhere my marriage is going to be in trouble...

The tags gods control my 21 hunt destinations but either way will have a pocket full of tags. I just hope i dont go 0for23? like last year but adding few more apps this year to help odds plus point added.

I am making a big change in fact i am not shooting as many animals anymore! More quality vs quanity, I am going to try for some larger animals and target some new and challenging hunt areas. If i walk away with a tag in pocket so be it, i am gifted to have the time, i want to savor it more if that makes sense

Can’t wait to hear your SD recap.

10 days on horseback chasing WY bulls during the rut with a rifle, near the park! Can’t wait, OIL for me.

Mountain goat app in ID. General rifle deer and elk here in Oct/Nov. Lastly, late rifle cows here in late Nov.

Unfortunately no bow hiking on the calendar this year. I suck at archery, but damn it’s fun.

Points in MT, WY and CO.

I'm planning the most basic hunting season for 2021 with my first child coming in late May. 👍
I am making zero plans outside of my local hunts. Not to say a spur of the moment trip doesn't happen, but definitely not planning any.
But you have a multi-season saga going, so that has to count for something 😁

And congrats on the new addition!

We'll see if I whiff on LQ elk and pronghorn or not. Have a few personal challenges like catch a tiger muskie, go sheep spottin this summer, fishing trip to the Winds, catch a Wyoming walleye, see if the Miracle Miles is all it's cracked up to be. Whatever happens I'll fill up my calendar.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back