Caribou Gear Tarp

What's in the Hopper for 2021?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
grouse, ptarmigan, ducks, geese, cranes, moose, caribou, deer, bear, seal are the normal feed the community hunts. Sometimes, if time permits, muskox, elk, bison, sheep and even less often walrus, as it is just not a hunt ( if you can call it that ), that, I enjoy. But I am hoping to be a part of a Bowhead in 2021. That is a fun, community outing, for me, although I am sure you fellows would rather go on almost any other hunt, than a whale hunt :)
I’ve always been interested in going on a whale hunt, either up north or down in St. Vincent

Colorado elk And bear
Wyoming antelope
Ak caribou
Ks whitetails

POW Sitka Blacktail this August is a lock.

Putting in for Idaho Moose again.
Good call on the black tail hunt. Easily one of the best adventures I've ever done. I went to Kodiak but the bucks on POW seem to have more of a mule deer conformation to their antlers. Have you been there before?

Attachments

• Kodiak_Sahara.jpg
    Kodiak_Sahara.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 6
Good call on the black tail hunt. Easily one of the best adventures I've ever done. I went to Kodiak but the bucks on POW seem to have more of a mule deer conformation to their antlers. Have you been there before?
Never. I’ve been dreaming and planning for a while.

Maybe I'll use the hopper or figure out what it is. Maybe it will rain in SW NM?
I do know I'm building porches this summer and have the posts & beams already. The rest is being milled.
Collecting firewood & scouting for future maybe's.

I drew local deer and just trying to find one will be a challenge. Filling a tag with the mz with Rio will be more interesting still.
The local late cow tag should be fun. Rio can stay on his bed and I will see what shows at sunrise here at home. At least I have water....most of the elk have moved into the Apache Mtns recently, looking for food.

Maybe my wells are my fountain of youth? Damn good water.
Maybe my wells will not go dry like a few neighbors have..................

Well maybe.....I will just walk out my door & see 6 cows with calves like just happened.
Maybe it will rain today & the monsoons are a month early & will stick around?

The draws have been exceptionally good to me this year. I have a unit 15 NM elk hunt in Nov and my son has a CO unit 201 muzzleloader elk and bear hunt (cow elk) in Sept.

We still have AZ deer and TX left for the draws. However, my accountant (beautiful wife) just informed me that I have spent my entire 2021 budget. If lightning strikes for AZ for me or my son…I might be doing a lot more sleeping in a tent/couch then I had planned.

Good luck everybody…

Anything I plan this time of year seems to change by the fall. I'll more than likely be doing Kansas whitetail, then 2-3 other hunts depending on the draws.
As predicted, plans changed as most of the draws didn't go my way.

I have Arizona elk in December, will hopefully have a deer tag to tack onto that hunt.

I'm trying to keep November free for Indiana whitetails here at home this year.

Still waiting to see on Wyoming deer and pronghorn, but not holding my breath. That would be an October hunt.

Will probably do either Colorado bear or Kentucky deer in September, still undecided on which.

Just local hunts as of now, draws have been less than kind so far. Low % chance at Arizona, Wyoming and North Dakota mule deer tags and 50/50 chance at South Dakota deer and antelope tags

If I don't draw the WY pronghorn tag I put in for then it will be a toss up between an Arkansas backpacking deer hunt in an Ozark National forest wilderness area, OTC Colorado elk, or Missouri archery whitetail.

Closer to home it will be the usual 60+ days of chasing whitetails in northern and central Louisiana and southern Arkansas.

Ordered a new 15' welded jon boat that should be ready at any time. Had to replace my ancient riveted jon that flexes enough that I don't want to carry any weight in it. I have jumped one to many log and stump in that old girl. The gatortail boat is nice but it isn't maneuverable enough for the way I like to fish. Once I get the new one home and rigged out it will be crappie, bream, and catfish chasing every chance I get. Luckily I live on the river so should get plenty of action.

Well maybe.....I will just walk out my door & see 6 cows with calves like just happened.
Maybe it will rain today & the monsoons are a month early & will stick around?
It threatened rain over the weekend. But nothing. I was down working on fencing. Hope you're doing well.

As predicted, plans changed as most of the draws didn't go my way.

I have Arizona elk in December, will hopefully have a deer tag to tack onto that hunt.

I'm trying to keep November free for Indiana whitetails here at home this year.

Still waiting to see on Wyoming deer and pronghorn, but not holding my breath. That would be an October hunt.

Will probably do either Colorado bear or Kentucky deer in September, still undecided on which.
Thats a full plate!!

Reactions: LCH
Change of plans. Drew an unexpected deer tag in Nevada, so Wyoming is out. Checked my app numbers against the seed numbers here in Oregon yesterday morning—no chance at a random tag but no surprise there. Still hoping to chase bears in August in eastern Oregon, if family obligations allow time for both that and scouting for my deer hunt. Good luck to everybody on your hunts!

Idk if the Colorado deer tag I applied for was in a meateater article or if I got set up by my forum advisor or what, but the tag went from 0pts last year to Oil this year so I think I’m just gonna skip my summer scouting trip, vibe the bear tag for a week or 2 this fall, hunt whitetails and squirrels at home and try to go full send on skamping this winter.
thinking about maybe taking an avalanche course in 2022.

It threatened rain over the weekend. But nothing. I was down working on fencing. Hope you're doing well.
Yeah it's been spitting tease rain drops for days.
I had a fire in the new used fire-ring on Memorial day & almost put the fire out when bad gusts & raindrops pelted me. I stayed put and Rio & I had tri-tip to celebrate life
I almost drove down to see if you & Kristi were around Tuesday Mike. Looks like a lot of roadwork going on that way. Rio says Hi!

Idk if the Colorado deer tag I applied for was in a meateater article or if I got set up by my forum advisor or what, but the tag went from 0pts last year to Oil this year so I think I’m just gonna skip my summer scouting trip, vibe the bear tag for a week or 2 this fall, hunt whitetails and squirrels at home and try to go full send on skamping this winter.
thinking about maybe taking an avalanche course in 2022.
If you have time to get into Twitter wars with pro skiers you have time to pull a bitchin tag off the leftover list. 😘

Yeah it's been spitting tease rain drops for days.
I had a fire in the new used fire-ring on Memorial day & almost put the fire out when bad gusts & raindrops pelted me. I stayed put and Rio & I had tri-tip to celebrate life
I almost drove down to see if you & Kristi were around Tuesday Mike. Looks like a lot of roadwork going on that way. Rio says Hi!
We need to get together some weekend. Kristy was down all week just relaxing. I have a lead on some t and g from San miguel county for the cabin.

Back