What's in the Hopper for 2021?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Cashing in some wyoming antelope points possibly, taking my step son for his first western hunt.

Taking the dog on an out of town waterfowl hunt and not telling a soul around home about it.

Possibly starting a guide service around home for waterfowl, a lot to think about. If its not this year it'll be next year.
Leave the dog at home the gators will eat him when you come down🤣

Tired of being being the only one to scout, gain permission, brush blinds, not too mention it's my enclosed trailer my 8 dozen goose decoys, my ranger. Etc etc. Luckily for me everyone is nice enough to show up with there own guns😆. As much time and money as I dump into it I owe it to the family to try and make something out of it for them. Be happy to have you! That out of town hunt with the dog will be Montana sometime between Christmas and middle of January once our duck season closes down here

Are you me but with deer hunting? I've helped all kinds of buddies get into deer hunting and shoot their first only to hear crickets afterwards. On a different note, I've got 3 dozen decoys, lay-outs and guns, can I come and watch you set it all up for me?

I'm with @EYJONAS! on this, I think I'm just a douche.

Some of our plans are starting to finalize for 2021. I was able to fully commit on a bucket list trip for this fall. Me and two other good friends are going to road trip to the grass lands of South Dakota to hunt prairie chickens and sharptails. This has been on the radar for a while, and I'm excited to get the opportunity to spend time with these guys.

Nothing else is set yet, other than later summer/early fall bear hunting in Oregon. Word on the street is there could be a gathering of HT hooligans.
Sounds like a good time! Will be first fall of being retired so I am going to get after the critters in MT with bow and gun. Will chase some birds and also hoping for an AZ Coues tag.

August - Kaibab archery

September- Alaska Moose

Maybe NM deer

We’ll see what else. If there is anything else, it will be a long shot draw. Wife will be in the final months of her doctorate project, clinicals, classes and work so I need to be more of an at-home husband this year. Might damn near kill me, but it’s only for a season.

Are you me but with deer hunting? I've helped all kinds of buddies get into deer hunting and shoot their first only to hear crickets afterwards. On a different note, I've got 3 dozen decoys, lay-outs and guns, can I come and watch you set it all up for me?

Bringing decoys and your own layout would be huge!

I'll be a test run client..... promise to give a 5 start report
Tired of being being the only one to scout, gain permission, brush blinds, not too mention it's my enclosed trailer my 8 dozen goose decoys, my ranger. Etc etc. Luckily for me everyone is nice enough to show up with there own guns😆. As much time and money as I dump into it I owe it to the family to try and make something out of it for them. Be happy to have you! That out of town hunt with the dog will be Montana sometime between Christmas and middle of January once our duck season closes down here

I’m good for 5 stars as well

grouse, ptarmigan, ducks, geese, cranes, moose, caribou, deer, bear, seal are the normal feed the community hunts. Sometimes, if time permits, muskox, elk, bison, sheep and even less often walrus, as it is just not a hunt ( if you can call it that ), that, I enjoy. But I am hoping to be a part of a Bowhead in 2021. That is a fun, community outing, for me, although I am sure you fellows would rather go on almost any other hunt, than a whale hunt :)

In order of occurrence.

Weekends through March ice fishing perch then skiing or vice versa

Turkeys in WA, probably my driveway or if I get desperate my sisters.

Two week trip to Utah to float the Green and backpack the Maze.

Climb Bonanza peak the highest peak in our county, but it takes a ferry to get to it.

Montana deer and elk hopefully
Wyoming antelope
WA deer (and elk of I draw something)
Upland and some more waterfowl

Get my daughter a bird. She got her hunting license this past year at 9 and we weren't able to get anything for her and her little 410. More practice should help though.

I’ll be eligible for resident tags in WY this year, so will get OTC elk and deer there, and also put in for antelope with 30% odds. I put my son in for NR for the same, but it’s a long shot for him to draw any of those as a NR, so we’ll also put in for NR big game combo in MT. I’m on the fence about UT this year since the quality of the places I hunt don’t justify the NR cost, but I may do it just to keep myself motivated to be in the woods when I’m here during the off season.

Since it looks like work travel will continue to be minimal this year and may even become permanently so, I’m seriously considering getting a dog. Depending on what I end up getting, it could add lots of new fun stuff to my outdoors adventures.

So far the only thing I have dialed in is a Black bear hunt, which I am trying to e-scout for (if there is someone is willing with some tips on what to look for during spring bear e-scouting I am a NEWB and could use it.) I just bought points for Arizona this year due to drought, I am thinking maybe I might finally draw my home state of Utah. If not I have not decided on Idaho or Colorado for elk and Colorado or Wyoming for mule deer. Ill probably do a OTC elk with dad in Utah too.

Steelhead in three weeks. September elk hunt. Hopefully a high line antelope, haven't drawn in three years. Then on to birds, some roosters but mostly greenheads and geese with my focus on the ten year old getting the shooting. Hope all of you out there have great 2021.

My apps are in for NM. Out of 4 species 3 of my apps have over 30% odds so hoping to not strike out this year(last year i went big and struck out on everything). VJP for my pup in April. Whether I draw a spring tag or hunt otc this fall I am taking my dog on a bear hunt. Making a loop through OK and KS for pheasant and quail. My youngest will be 2 this spring and I really want to get the family on more hiking, camping, and fishing trips.

Sportsman package in Idaho, so whatever I have the time for. I might actually go steelhead fishing again this spring after a three year hiatus. Lots of bird hunting with the new dog. Elk in Montana if I don't need to hire a guide, and plan on purchasing a two person hammock from Amazon so I can brush up on my bushcraft skills of course.

I'll put in for a bunch of stuff in most western states, and usually draw something. I might have enough points for a lower tier Utah elk hunt this year, so hope that comes through. Have some backup plans otherwise, and of course Will spend plenty of time duck hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back