What is your rifles name?

Only two of mine have names.

M77 Mkii Ruger in .264 WM - "DiRT" = Dead Right There
M77 Tang Ruger in .30-06 - "OSOK" = One Shot One Kill

" The Holland"

A funny side story if I may : 20 years ago I got all wound up about buying a Holland and Holland Range Rover, to match my rifle. My granddaughter said: You live on a boat, almost 70 years old, and you want to spend 150,000 dollars on a Range Rover to match a rifle you dont have with you ?

I told her to listen to Aerosmith, Dream On. ;)
The first rifle I ever bought was a mid 90's model 70 classic stainless in .270.

It is affectionately known as " the .270"

My 1949 model 70 in .270 is known as " the 49". These are the two most used rifles in the bunch. My two oldest daughters ( 11 and 13) know them well and know exactly which one is which when I ask them to grab one.

Their current rifle is model 70 classic stainless in .243 which I dropped into a youth stock and stained it pink. She's "pink". But don't let the color fool you, she kills deer dead.

you have no idea how much this post pleases me and brings a smile to my face. 11 and 13---how can this be, they were babies just yesterday !

Never thought about it but "Ms. Moneypenny' would fit.
It would, indeed ;) and speaking of pink rifles ( in pre hornets post )-----their may be one in your future ;)

Can I say that here??? Depends on how it is functioning. My 300 ultra mag I had, I used some rather not so nice names for it when the wood stock split on a recoil.

I refer to my rifle sometimes as the War Horse and goose/pheasant shotgun as Black Beauty. But usually just call them what the factory named them: Springfield and A5 Magnum Twelve. Edit: Boy, was that post messed up. Another cup of coffee is in order!
Deer Gun final 3.JPGBlack Beauty 2(1).JPG

I call them by their non-binary cartridge names and don't assume gender. That would be presumptive.
Ben, as a female I appreciate your "inclusiveness ", however looking through the thread "if cartridges were people" i.e.: 54, 71, 73, 81, 84, 118, 144, 148 and 176, some here seem to disagree with you :ROFLMAO: Without a doubt the beautiful, long, slim, perfectly balanced lines shown in 54 does reflect well on the cartridge mentioned , the gender shown in 81, is IMHO debatable , 84--I am sure the Creedmore fits in there somewhere . and 144, might fall under some of the new laws covering female sports. It all depends on how one "identifies" which of course brings us full circle back to the point you made in your post.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back