Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What is your rifles name?

Which one?
Every rifle, shotgun or handgun I've got has a name.
Favorite?
PH .270 Win "Miss Beulie".

The first rifle I ever bought was a mid 90's model 70 classic stainless in .270.

It is affectionately known as " the .270"

My 1949 model 70 in .270 is known as " the 49". These are the two most used rifles in the bunch. My two oldest daughters ( 11 and 13) know them well and know exactly which one is which when I ask them to grab one.

Their current rifle is model 70 classic stainless in .243 which I dropped into a youth stock and stained it pink. She's "pink". But don't let the color fool you, she kills deer dead.

I bought a Sako A7 as a loaner and hoped my girlfriend would use it. She carried it on a antelope hunt with her girlfriends. After she returned she said the rifles new name was Cicilia.
apparently she had the song as an ear worm while hunting...

Cecilia your breaking my heart
Cecilia, you're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Put your hands up, you're surrounded
The whole love thing, I clowned it
Then who's the joker? I guess I'm it
'Cause I let it right go when I found it
Time has never been my best suit
Now I've got everything except you
You moved out of my heart, still got the bruise
I'd give it all back to be next to you

30-30 is Pa, because it was my grandpas, .270 ole reliable because I’ve had it since I was 14, 7-08 is widow maker so named by my youngest son, and 28 nosler is nossie. I don’t name a gun until I have gotten an animal with it and have some time invested with it. 300 win needs a name as well as my .308. My Benelli is named nellie. The others don’t have names.

My 7 mag is named ol' Betsy.
Ol' Betsy?
You, Dan'l Boone and how many others?
Your rifle, call it what you wish.

My dad had a 5 shot Marlin 336 SC .30-30 he referred to as "The Meat Augur".

"Big Thunder" and "Widow Maker" are names my buddies came up with for their rifles.

I've got a T/C "Hawken" .50 (Little Hickey) and a "Renegade" .54 (Big Hickey".

BTW! Dan'l (or was it Davy?) had a rifle he called "Tick Licker".

Last edited:
My only gun with a name is my savage 220f slug gun- Mjolnir aka Hammer of Thor. I bought it for the short range shooting at the weapons restriction areas and it certainly has earned that moniker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back