PEAX Equipment

What did you, or are you still hoping to draw? I’m stoked!

New Mexico Mule Deer in a low quality unit as a backup in case I drew nothing else but luckily drew a Utah Elk Muzzleloader hunt in the Monroe Mountains

Still have the Texas draw to go and the South Dakota Draw

Nothing exciting compared to a lot of people on here, but I did get a cow elk permit for the district I hunt and am pretty happy for that.

Are you not going to hunt in South Carolina? Are there not good public land hunting opportunities there?
I’ll definitely be hunting a lot here. There is some good public land hunting if you know what you’re doing. I don’t really count that on the list bc that’s the normal every day/weekend hunting.

UT General Elk draw is Tuesday morning. I say “draw”, but it’s really more like a first come, first serve OTC fire sale with a limited number of tags available. New online system was a shit show last year. Anyway, a last ditch option for anyone who has struck out on other tags this year.

I’ll definitely be hunting a lot here. There is some good public land hunting if you know what you’re doing. I don’t really count that on the list bc that’s the normal every day/weekend hunting.
I put in for the South Carolina draw this year. Moving to Northern Georgia so I figured I should build points in SC too.

UT General Elk draw is Tuesday morning. I say “draw”, but it’s really more like a first come, first serve OTC fire sale with a limited number of tags available. New online system was a shit show last year. Anyway, a last ditch option for anyone who has struck out on other tags this year.
I was in that line all day last year. 🤯

Hope to draw SD antelope, got 2 rifle does and 2 archery tags though. Wife got a rifle any deer tag and archery tag, daughter got a doe tag.

I have not drawn a single tag this season.

Currently hoping for WY pronghorn (have some points there I wish to burn) and AZ deer (3 pts should get me in the game).

I will consider CO second draw, depending on what happens in WY and AZ.
End of application season for me. This is what my fall looks like:

-Drew an AZ deer tag
-No luck in NM
-No luck in WY
-Skipped CO
-Will probably pick up an OTC Bear tag in AZ
-Looking forward to spring hunts in NM and AZ

Based on what I did not draw, I’m hoping to get my hands on a lope tag of some kind. A good buddy is making some calls to see if he can get permission to hunt on private in NM free of charge. Fingers crossed. If not, it’s not looking good for leftover doe tags in states that aren’t pricey. Not sure I wanna pay CO quite as much as they charge for a doe tag.

Last edited:
A whole lot of not-selected's for our family...but I will have a MT gen deer tag and my wife drew a 45 rifle deer tag in Idaho...all we have to do is figure out what to do with our two boys (2 months old and 2.5 years old) during her hunt :unsure:

Turned down for all North Dakota deer. However I did draw a OIL elk tag for E3 in North Dakota. Always open to info for the unit

My draw season is done as well. My fall looks like this:
1. CO First Rifle Either Sex Elk
2. CO 2nd Rifle Antlered Deer
3. CO 2nd Rifle Cow Elk (Backup to 1st rifle if I don't fill my freezer)
4. MT ELK B 004-00 ANTLERLESS ELK (Got it to go hunting with an old high school buddy off the surplus list)

CO hunts will be steep and deep ....

My family and I drew exceptionally well this year...
Big Game Combos to me, brother and nephew
Elk B and Antelope B for the wife
Buck Antelope and Antelope B for me

As NRs, we are all extremely grateful for the opportunity to enjoy big sky country. My brother and nephew hunt in September, the wife and I are doing the antelope in mid October and I'll go out again with my big game combo Thanksgiving week. My first trip to MT was back in 1998 near Augusta. Did the Bob in 03 and a few more hunts in Augusta before 2009. In 2010 I switched to the belt chain and have managed to draw every year since then - last year as an alternate. With the way applications are increasing, I expect a dry spell next year. Too much good luck too long.

My fall is set -
ND archery deer
ND landowner deer (any weapon or season)
ND doe/fawn antelope drew as second choice
MT cow elk tag
MT b deer tag that will go in the trash
Probably get offered a MT alternate list tag but will refuse it

going to be a good busy fall good luck to all

My daughter and I did well enough to make for an interesting year.
Three elk tags, 1 mule deer, 1 ibex, plus an October archery hunt and opening week whitetail and duck at our place in Arkansas Ozarks.

I drew NM elk archery
She drew NM cow rifle tag
She drew CO cow rifle tag
I drew NM Mule deer
She drew NM Ibex either sex rifle

Bummed we don't have antelope on the menu..., no tag. Last year we both got NM antelope tags but no elk tag. This year we got three elk tags, but no antelope. I'd love to meet a NM landowner who would take reasonable payment in exchange for guaranteed yearly antelope. Maybe that's my goal for next season.

My fall of 2021 is finally set
Here’s my list of tags
- ND archery deer
- ND landowner deer that can be filled in any season , archery rifle or muzzleloader
- ND doe/fawn antelope
- ND fall turkey
- ND pheasant (2 weekend hunts planned)
- Montana Big game combo
- Montana mule b tags (2)

Fall is about to get super busy antelope opens 2 weeks from tomorrow

good luck to all !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear