MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What did you, or are you still hoping to draw? I’m stoked!

I ended up with a goose egg. I was considering doing an OTC Colorado elk hunt but I am not keen on having my first elk hunt also be my first solo backpack hunt.

So, no western hunts for me this fall. I am going to do a backpack hunt in Arkansas for whitetail and/or black bear and concentrate the remainder of my outdoors time for the upcoming season on finding and killing another mature Louisiana whitetail.

Still just Wyoming general elk for me. I have 5 or 6 apps left but don't expect to draw any of them. Can't wait for September!

Colorado bull 1st rifle and buck 2nd rifle in wilderness unit that I’m familiar with. Bear in unit I live in. Will be helping two friends from Michigan with their buck tags. Should be a fun season.

Can we assume it was in the random? If it was random and a buck tag then go get your lottery ticket. Awesome unit, I have seen some good bucks there but never personally seen a real giant. I have heard they are there though
Yes, it was in the special random draw! 3 tags and over 200 non-resident applicants so I do feel like I already won the lottery.

Aug - Sitka Blacktail in SE Alaska
Sep - Idaho Black Bear
Oct - My wife’s NM elk tag
Nov - NM muley
Nov - Ark Whitetail
Jan - Tajikistan Ibex

If I can somehow get my hands on a 2nd season CO deer tag (2nd draw or leftover) I’m going to squeeze that in before NM deer. If not I might hunt NM bear before my wife’s elk tag. Should be a fun full fall/winter.
Dang that’s a fun fall and stacked! Good problem to have, must be retired if not I need to work where you do haha 😂

I don't think I've mentioned it in full detail but I actually picked up a rifle mule deer tag in Colorado as a second choice.

I had no points and had never even applied in Colorado but this area/season works well with the tiny window of opportunity I have to go somewhere this year so I tried for it and got it. It's nice to get a tag and a point at the same time.

It's in a decidedly not glamorous unit with limited public land, though so... probably a reason it went where it did. But as long as I'm able to go, I'm gonna go and make a good time out of it.

MT Either Sex Archery Elk Upper Missouri River Breaks. 620-21.. second time going to the breaks but this time is gonna be the real deal. Staying far away from Slippery Ann Petting Zoo. Any advice on 620 621 622 greatly appreciated.

Put in for 380 mule deer. I saw this nasty Muley buck in Raidersburg when I was a kid and said hey why not let’s go see all the nasty bull elk nobody can shoot and hope for a cool buck. Lol

I plan to fill two of 6 whitetail doe tags.
Two turkey tags.
waiting on antelope draw..

Drew NV mule deer archery, going CO OTC for elk, I could’ve drawn antlerless elk archery tag in NV but changed my mind on choices last minute due to the overlap with mule deer tag one of the two wouldn’t have gotten my full attention and didn’t want to waste a tag someone could use like that. Now just patiently chomping at the bit.

AZ late rifle bull elk, OH whitetail either sex, OH whitetail doe, OH small game, OH fall turkey, WV bear, and WV whitetail.

Looks like I drew KS mule deer, excited to hunt them but I think I'm even more excited to get out there during dove season and hunt doves and scout. Struck out on elk and antelope here in KS.

Looks like I'll be hunting antelope in Wyo, mule deer in KS and whitetail in Oklahoma.

Reactions: LCH
My fall is pretty much set after the Idaho results just came out. Still in for Arizona deer but im not drawing that so… 2 mule deer and 1 elk tag this year. Nothing spectacular, just 0 and 1 pt type stuff. I’m excited though and will treat them like 5+ pt tags. Because who knows, they may be taking that here shortly the ways things are going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back