Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What did you, or are you still hoping to draw? I’m stoked!

Just assuming I’m gonna draw an AZ sheep tag at midnight tonight.(no I don’t think they’ll actually hit my card before 9:00am or so)

Last edited:
AZ is my last hope this year for an outta state hunt. Hoping to draw a “cows” whitetail this year! Other then the late late December hunt I drew here in WA… might be a good waterfowl year here… I think I got a step daughter that’s interested… hope to take her out early on before it’s icy and we freeze our behinds off on the icy waters… although I’m game freezing or not she might need to be eased into teeth chattering cold before she catches the bug…

Didn’t draw anything else, here or in WY, but still really hoping to draw antelope.

2 buck muley tags, 2 bull elk (1 migration hunt), 2 bucklope rifle tags, 2 whitetail tags and a bull Bison tag...ya that should keep me busy this fall! Went 0/21 in last years draws, went 6/22 this year. Truly lucky spring, hopefully i do these tags justice! Congrats and good luck to those who did draw.

I drew a unit 700-20 come home to hunt party elk tag in MT with my brother! So stoked to hunt elk with him. I live in Washington now. Feeling blessed. Waiting on Washington draw, but the odds are slim for the Blues bull tag. What did you, or are hoping to draw, and why?
I drew two WY Unit 21 Pronghorn tags, one of them as part of a 5 person group. Our first trip out West, we have been planning and saving for almost a year. :)

I looked through the list and considered it but decided to call it a loss and try again next year.
Alrighty sounds good. If you had put in for those Unit 38 tags, I was going to offer to scout a little for you. I don't live far from there.
Good luck next year! Hopefully the point creep slows down a bit.

Tomorrow is when Wyoming releases the leftover draw results. We're in for a few doe antelope tags and a doe whitetail tag! We're holding out!

Well i guess the final tally is:

1. CO a great archery elk tag drawn with ABQBW, my brother
  2. CO a very good archery deer in the rut tag drawn with ABQBW
  3. CO a good archery pronghorn tag
  4. NM a good limited archery barbary/aoudad sheep tag in (January)
  5. AZ free range Bison! AZ cow bison on Kaibab Plateau, definitely a happy surprise lottery odds draw in the random pool.
  6. NE archery rut mule deer hunt with ABQBW
  7. MT general elk ( almost certainly returning tag)
  8. MT general deer (may return tag, undecided)

So 6 bow hunts in all, plus whatever I end up doing/not doing in MT. Should be a dream fall regardless of outcomes.

Last edited:
Drew a Wyoming Region R deer tag. Struck out on everything else unless for some reason some tags in our preferred Idaho elk zone get returned and get lucky getting them

My son and I drew Wyoming cow elk. My in 37 and he drew unit 49. We were hoping fir Antelope tags but no luck this year. Will try again in 2023 (can’t go every year)

I went 0 for everything this year. I bought an OTC Utah archery bull tag last night so now it's time to find a place to hunt.

Wish me luck.

Aug - Sitka Blacktail in SE Alaska
Sep - Idaho Black Bear
Oct - My wife’s NM elk tag
Nov - NM muley
Nov - Ark Whitetail
Jan - Tajikistan Ibex

If I can somehow get my hands on a 2nd season CO deer tag (2nd draw or leftover) I’m going to squeeze that in before NM deer. If not I might hunt NM bear before my wife’s elk tag. Should be a fun full fall/winter.
Are you not going to hunt in South Carolina? Are there not good public land hunting opportunities there?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back