What did you, or are you still hoping to draw? I’m stoked!

Well here’s what we will end up with should we draw out (some are already in hand and other are guaranteed already)
Wife and I-antelope (100% will be given landowner tag for VET hunt), either sex elk.
Our 2 boys-antelope.
Youngest boy and me-mule deer youngest boy 100%.
Oldest boy-either sex elk 100%.
My black bear tag 100%.

My buddy and I drew muzzleloader bull elk tags in N. Arizona - November. OTC archery deer in SE Arizona. Possibly muzzleloader deer in December (can only bag one deer in AZ, so either archery or mz to get it done). Then it's quail season in the fall.

Montana deer, Wyoming deer tags x 2 for bucks, a handful of doe tags that will go in the bin. Pronghorn buck tags x2, a handful of doe tags that will go into the bin. 3 Wyoming elk tags. Wyoming bear and lion.

Any special permits I may draw for elk, deer, pronghorn, sheep, moose, goat, etc. in TX, UT, ID, NV, CO, MT, AZ, etc.

I put in for Gen elk and a cow/calf tag late.
One for doe/fawn pronghorn
Fall turkey.

If I harvest with that gen elk during archery (which is all I am doing in archery until I harvest or it's over) I might pick up a general deer.

Guaranteed: Deer A (Buck), Bear, Turkey, piles of upland birds
Drawn: Either sex elk tag spanning a couple districts
Likely to draw: Elk license for a separate district, giving me two elk tags. Antelope doe license. Whitetail Deer B, giving me two whitetail doe tags (one of which is over the counter)
Less likely to draw: Antelope buck license.
Longshots: Moose (7 year wait is over!), Sheep, Goat, Bison

I bitch about the way things are headed in MT but it still holds that there is more hunting to do than time to do it.

i better be going to wyoming for pronghorn buck in the special draw, and two pronghorn doe tags, and two whitetail doe tags. may apply for mule deer buck too if new mexico doesn't work out

but i'm not sure i wanna draw my new mexico deer application, but will go with high stoke level if i do.

then will be doing my 3rd season colorado deer hunt. may not do any elk this year, but have an app in for a second choice cow tag for 1st rifle.

will be closing on our in-the-process-of-being-built home sometime anywhere from beginning of october to beginning of december, which could throw a wrench in any number of hunt plans. but certainly not all of them!

Guaranteed an Alberta WMU 410 Bighorn sheep archery Ram and Ewe tags this year, looking forward to hunting sheep with a bow again during the rut in a archery only zone with 3 buddies that will also be drawn. Also guaranteed for an archery antelope tag this year so its going to be a good one!

Last edited:
will draw good archery deer, elk, lope tag in Colo with a nice pile of pref points for each. hoping cow moose comes through as well and bull moose for wife with max points and slim odds.

6 other states with long odds for 4-6 species each might add a tag or two or none. drew the MT big game combo and may return those..

Last edited:
I have a MT deer tag, 2 CA deer tags, CA bear tag and hopefully a CA elk tag.
Still waiting on NM elk/oryx and UT draws for a lucky tag.
Points in all other states this year.

Waiting on my NM tags: Elk (cow), deer (muzzleloader), antelope, javalina, and oryx. I put in for Ibex before investigating the difficulty of the hunt ("the most difficult North American big game hunt" per one commentator), so I'm guaranteed to get that one.....

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back