Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What did you, or are you still hoping to draw? I’m stoked!

I applied for the “desert tag,” moose, sheep and goat here in Washington, I’m still years in the waiting on them though... I have a general deer tag and love hunting turkeys too.

Waiting on Wyoming elk and Kansas Whitetail draws. OTC home and NY for Whitetails. 🤞🤞🤞on the border opening in late September for DIY Saskatchewan Waterfowl.

Should draw limited archery elk in CO, hoping to draw limited draw archery deer in CO, waiting on archery elk in NM!

Lucked into a great southern Utah elk tag from the Western Expo and should get a third rifle deer in Colorado and general deer in my back yard in north/central Utah. Then an almost 100% draw for one of my sons on a limited entry Book Cliffs deer and another son has about a 50/50 chance at a limited entry elk hunt. Might cash in a few points for a Wyoming goat hunt . Then lots of quack quack - Boom!

Last edited:
Got a Wisconsin fall bear tag that I wasn't expecting. That kind of threw a monkey wrench into my planning.
Have a MT deer combo that I will hunt. Waiting to see what happens in WY for elk cow and bull. Might call it good with the tags I already have.

I'll be deer hunting in southeast Montana in September with my bow. My wife should draw archery pronghorn in MT in June. The only other tags still pending are long shots at Wyoming elk and NM oryx

Only expect to draw a B whitetail tag. Fingers crossed for muzzy speedgoat, but odds not in my favor. About to give up on my Oil elk tag, but gave it one more shot this year.

Hoping for non-resident montana pronghorn tag, but again, odds not in my favor.

Might have to stick to birds this year. Best of luck everyone.

Hoping for NM elk or deer. My son is in for NM elk as well. Hoping to draw Kansas youth whitetail for him as well. If no luck in NM, may try for WY pronghorn.

I will draw my Montana elk and deer tags. That's a given. There's a big bull buffalo in Africa with my name on it. Also waterbuck, red hartbeest, and another kudu. Maybe a black wildebeest. Plane tickets purchased last week. Price was going up as I booked. Would have been $200 cheaper if I'd done it the day before. No tags to buy or draw for. Not for those species anyway. You pay for what you shoot after you shoot it. Draw blood and don't find it and you still pay for it.

So far my kids and I are in for:
KY- elk
Maine- moose
VT- moose
Applying for:
WY- pronghorn both bucks and does
Kansas-deer
Several in state special deer draws where we live

Colorado rifle elk and seeing what the draws will bring. Staying out of a couple draws because of the drought but in general I’m in for a hunt or three in the Rocky Mountain states and the SW.

Son and I both struck out on NR Big Game Combo in MT, so I’ll be doing OTC resident deer and elk in WY, and also putting in for antelope there with ~30% odds. I put my son in for WY as well, but pretty low odds for him as a NR. Bought a deer point in UT and will likely put in for General Elk, but low chances on drawing that now that I’m a NR.

Montana deer, Wyoming deer tags x 2 for bucks, a handful of doe tags that will go in the bin. Pronghorn buck tags x2, a handful of doe tags that will go into the bin. 3 Wyoming elk tags. Wyoming bear and lion.

Any special permits I may draw for elk, deer, pronghorn, sheep, moose, goat, etc. in TX, UT, ID, NV, CO, MT, AZ, etc.
what is with the ‘doe tags going into the bin’?

Pending Wyoming I could be very excited or very disappointed. In for deer, elk and antelope. Really hoping to pull my antelope tags and get into some fishing as well. Besides Wyoming I'm really hoping to draw a mule deer rifle in Kansas and will be going to ole Oklahoma for archery deer.

I love these threads and seeing people's plans.

Just got back from an African safari at the end of March that had been postponed for COVID (the country was not accepting visitors.) Got a great deal on plane tickets and had 3-4 seats to myself for the long flights. That was my big hunt for the year.

Got a turkey Friday and Saturday in Idaho so that is done other than calling for buddies.

The "hopefull" tags are WY doe antelope but we may cash in buck points too. May do the same for Montana antelope. Those are easy to plan because I don't have to take work days off.

3rd season otc elk in CO if I don't draw any high end tags with family from the Midwest.

Idaho general deer for me, my wife and my oldest daughter who is 10. Will archery hunt elk in Sept but don't take it to seriously and just get the first one I get close to.

Daughter in for resident ID moose, wife in for sheep and I am in for goat along with two close buddies (we have been trying for 6 years and neither of us have drawn a tag.)

Then I have the applications for sheep, goat, moose, bison, ibex, deer, elk and antelope in a few states where it would be a surprise to draw despite a decent number of points from 13-18. MT, CO, UT, NV, NM.

Sometimes I pull a decent tag as a surprise, but usually I hunt in my home state and maybe a doe hunt in Wyoming for antelope. Plans will also change if my dad draws a good tag. I do his apps and tell him what he draws haha. If he draws I will go and help.

Then I will hunt the hell out of lions with the hounds once winter comes. They eliminated all lion quotas in Idaho so likely I will refrain from anyone killing anything over my pack in hopes that a few survive to be chased again.

Then it is application season again....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back